Rough Country 4"/6" kit install tips.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Can you elaborate on that, I'm not catching what you're saying. You didn't take the tension off the bars????

He dropped the crossmember, torsion bars, and LCA's all in one piece. I'm not sure how people do it really, when you disconnect the lower ball joint this causes the LCA to want to swing down, and just seems like more trouble than its worth.

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
He dropped the crossmember, torsion bars, and LCA's all in one piece. I'm not sure how people do it really, when you disconnect the lower ball joint this causes the LCA to want to swing down, and just seems like more trouble than its worth.

Got that right... interesting way of going about it but it sounds like a hassel

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
No I didn't drop it all at once... All you do is, (and I never once felt unsafe) take the adjuster bolt all the way out, remove the knuckle, have a jack under the lower control arm and lower it down all the way. Loosen the bolts for the LCA and let it swing down as far as possible. When u do this the bar is completely unloaded and you can take that little pin out. So I took a air hammer and knocked the bar forward thru the little hole on the crossmember and the key fell out. Then I left the bar in the LCA and removed the LCA and bar together. And installation was the same just reverse. Easy as pie!!!

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
And if you were installing this lift and were not changing balljoints you could leave the upper and lower control arms bolted to to knuckle and remove them all together.

Askme42

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

This is how I had to do it. It sucked but my torsion bars would not come out.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Looking to be doing this soon- I'm 90% sure that I'm just going to be leaving my ball joints and stuff alone because I had the truck aligned about nine months ago and told the guy to check it all out, he said it looked great. My angles are perfectly flat and have never been touched, plus I don't have very many miles yet compared to most of you people haha.

I will definitely be referencing this page-

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
And if you were installing this lift and were not changing balljoints you could leave the upper and lower control arms bolted to to knuckle and remove them all together.

I need to go through the instructions yet, but just because I am curious, do the instructions say to unbolt them?