Rough Country 4"/6" kit install tips.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
I found this vid on youtube. Im going to try it tonight. ill let y'all know how it goes. I believe to 88-95 trucks have riveted lower balljoints and they are a pain! It sucks because this is all i have left to do, and lift will be complete. (the front that is)

http://youtu.be/y5LplNE_8_4

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I found this vid on youtube. Im going to try it tonight. ill let y'all know how it goes. I believe to 88-95 trucks have riveted lower balljoints and they are a pain! It sucks because this is all i have left to do, and lift will be complete. (the front that is)

http://youtu.be/y5LplNE_8_4

Awesome man and the rear is easy as pie

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Just FYI, this job CAN be done without a torsion bar tool. just remove and install your torsion bars with the lower control arms.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just FYI, this job CAN be done without a torsion bar tool. just remove and install your torsion bars with the lower control arms.

Can you elaborate on that, I'm not catching what you're saying. You didn't take the tension off the bars????

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Well with the proper tool, safely unloading the torsion bars was the easiest part of my lift kit install. Getting them to go through the LCA's, not so much. But that was because of years of built up grime and dirt. Just took some lube and convincing, like most things on these trucks. It seems to me like you would spend a lot of time supporting that assembly of parts if you take it out whole. Unloading the bars takes 5 minutes, and depending on the truck, removing them once unloaded can take 1 minute total to 20 minutes each.