Rough Country 2-3 inch suspension lift vs 4 inch suspension lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

black97305

Reaction score
So is the 6 inch better than the 3 inch? It sounds like with both you have to crank t bars to get lift. Does that mean that the 4 inch is the best. If I got the 3 inch and replaced all front end components with HD versions would that be good enough? So is rough country's leveling kit bad too?

Sorry for all the questions

-Dan

stevenmc08

Reaction score
The 3 inch is just cranking the t-bars and has upper a arms and like a 1 inch diff drop. I had it on my 94 and hated it! Rode like crap, wore front end parts out, and my a arms always hit the sway bar links. Sold it and got the 6 inch kit and loved it. Its a full drop kit which will lift it by dropping everything so it rides the same if you leave at 4 inches and doesn't wear parts out. I cranked it up to the 6 inches of lift and it still rode better than the 3 inch!

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
So is the 6 inch better than the 3 inch? It sounds like with both you have to crank t bars to get lift. Does that mean that the 4 inch is the best. If I got the 3 inch and replaced all front end components with HD versions would that be good enough? So is rough country's leveling kit bad too?

Sorry for all the questions

-Dan

The diff drop is 5.25" so you crank the 6" kit .75".

black97305

Reaction score
Thanks for the help, I walked by a 96 today with a 4" and 33's it was nice but I think I'll save awhile and get a 6" and 35's

black97305

Reaction score
I've been doing some more thinking and just how much lift do I need for 33s or 35s? My trucks not a Z71, but my rims have an aggressive back spacing.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
I've been doing some more thinking and just how much lift do I need for 33s or 35s? My trucks not a Z71, but my rims have an aggressive back spacing.

The only difference between a z71 and a 4wd is skid plates, bilstein shocks and stickers came on a z71, and were options on 4x4's.

If your rims stick out pretty far, 4" for 33's and 6" for 35's

black97305

Reaction score
Thanks I took some measurements today and it seems like my truck is leveled somehow (not sure if kit or Tbars) because both wheel wells are 35 1/2 inches from the ground does that sound about right?

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score