Rough Country 2-3 inch suspension lift vs 4 inch suspension lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

black97305

Reaction score
just looking for benefits/disadvantages of both. Pictures would be nice too if you have some.

Thanks in advance,
Dan

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
4" No questions asked. The 3" is really bad on your front end and is basically like cranking your stock keys to the max. Here's mine on 4" and 33s
You must be registered for see images attach

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
4" is the best to get, the 3" comes with keys upper control arm, shock extensions and 1" differential drop, with all of that, the 3" kit is better than just cranking your torsion bars. But it does not correct your lower balljoint angle or your tierod end angle and the shock extenders have been known to fail. So if you did go with the 3" kit and got longer shocks instead of using the extenders and built some customs tie rods out of heim joints the only problem then would be your lower ball joint angle, but then you've spent as much money on that as it would cost for you to buy a 4" or 6" RCX.

My recommendation is to buy the 6" RCX. You can find them online for around $950 shipped. The only difference in the 4" and the 6" is the rear aal's the only difference in the lift up front is the amount of crank. If you only want 4" leave the aal out and save it, because you will want to go higher eventually!!!

Here's my truck with a 6" RCX and 35's

Hers my truck with 3" crank and blocks on 33's

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Rough country 3" now comes with new shocks vs shock extenders for your factory shocks.

Edit: nevermind, comes with shock and shock "relocators"... Wtf? Why just ship them with longer shocks like the rear :nono:

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Stupid question coming, but is there a reason for shock relocators or would longer shocks fit the bill?

tylers88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
SBW, Steam Boat Willy(trucks name lol) was so fckn clean. I was trying to sell my car when it went up for sale, wanted to buy it.

Raptorrider

Reaction score

Here's the 4 inch on 265s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

black97305

Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice! How much would gas mileage change if I went to 4in with 33s or 6in with 35s? I currently get 10-16 with 265/75/r16s depending on how and where you drive it. I will see if i can get a picture or two soon.