Rewrapping Door Panel fabric sections?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
I would have to look again, as its been a while since I've looked at anything seat wise. There was a set of seats out of a Colorado for sale on base, black heated with console, for 100$. I wanted to pick them up so bad.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
i personally dont find colorado seats all that comfy. i put my old thirdgen seats in in the meantime and they are damn near perfect, ive actually debated swapping in the nbs ones.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
:suicide: Thats more than I paid for my whole truck... haha But it is freaking nice. I wouldnt be doing anything that fancy in mine. My seats are in really good condition, foam and fabric are almost like new. I just want them black. The rest of the interior I can handle myself (dash, plastics, carpet) but the seats/console is going to be what gets me in over my head. The only thing I have in my seats is like a lumbar support air thing. Everything else is manual. Buckets with center console.

Yea, it ain't cheap! That's one of the reasons that I'm so fussy about my work. Customers are paying me their good money for this stuff, so it's my obligation to do the best job possible. And, I hate doing things twice! Want to put me in a bad mood? Tell me that I have to start tearing apart seams that I just stitched! Makes my teeth hurt! Grrr!!!

If your seats are in great shape, why not dye them? A fraction of the cost! I can help you out with that if you'd like.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
well most of the seats we do we redesign to get rid of the factory flaws such as binding materials or weak spots etc. i havent gotten into sewing yet im more of the cut material make designs and patterns do woodwork and custom fab work etc. my boss does all the sewing.

Nothing will expose design flaws like daily usage!

Your boss must have some good faith in your patterning & cutting skills for him to let you do that. No matter how perfect my sewing is, if the pattern is poop, the finished job is poop too.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
Yea, it ain't cheap! That's one of the reasons that I'm so fussy about my work. Customers are paying me their good money for this stuff, so it's my obligation to do the best job possible. And, I hate doing things twice! Want to put me in a bad mood? Tell me that I have to start tearing apart seams that I just stitched! Makes my teeth hurt! Grrr!!!

If your seats are in great shape, why not dye them? A fraction of the cost! I can help you out with that if you'd like.

i might need help with that, i havent attempted that yet even at work. im thinking about doing my back seat black in the meantime.

as for a story we had a customer and friend of my bosses come in wanting some crazy stuff on his seats, so sean(boss) said hed do them in leather if the gguy would paint his trans am. we had a new hire in for a week or two who assembled the seats and ripped the front two and tried to hide it, he was fired right away and we had to eat the cost of his mistake, so theyre is absolutely no mistakes and everything is perfect around here too.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
Nothing will expose design flaws like daily usage!

Your boss must have some good faith in your patterning & cutting skills for him to let you do that. No matter how perfect my sewing is, if the pattern is poop, the finished job is poop too.

theres some jobs ill do others i wont, ive done pretty decent with most, most he lets me do arent complete redesigns, ill make the pattern and hell do the kerfing and all that.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
How hard is it to dye the seats in my truck now? I wasnt sure if it was possible to dye the stock seats or not? I love the way my seats feel and sit in my truck, but was just scared of the task of trying to make them match the rest of the interior.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
If you can wait till later this evening, I'll try to find a write-up I did on dying seats & other interior parts.
Got to step out for a while. Have to take my dog to the vet, look at another house, & stop in to check up on a customer's job.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
They are cloth seats, along with console. I guess we took a right turn at door panels and went full blown interior thread lol

(Center console is back in and that big sub box is gone)

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

I have the little fold up console with middle seat.

And Al, no worries on waiting, Im still deployed for another month or so, and it will still be a little bit for planning. Im just reading up on it while I have the time! Trying to learn as much as I can now and hit it hard when I get home. I've got a pile of parts and all kinds of projects lined up.

And Im guessing the fabric would come off the seats for the dyeing, so would it be possible then to get those heaters to put into my seats then?

Last edited: