Remove cup holder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tooslowtahoe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trying to remove the cup holder in the dash by the radio, to give it a good cleaning thanks 99 tahoe

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I never removed mine but I pulled one out of a suburban at a junkyard and I just tugged and worked it out. Elbow grease is all you need!

tooslowtahoe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
More than elbow grease, there is a plastic lock type thing holding mine in had to remove part of the lower plastic trim to get at it

tooslowtahoe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
actually its a 00 z71 i just always say 99 because thats what most ppl think of when i say obs but its a 2000z71, so maybe there is a difference in the years?

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
No, they all have them. 95-98(and 99, 00)

You already figured it out, but there is a black plastic knob underneath that guides the cupholder out. You can twist and remove it with a flathead screwdriver. If anyone else wanted to know...

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
i thought the dash cup holder was bolted in with one or two bolts back to the rear of it. you shouldnt have to rip it out physically! get a flash light up in there and look really good! and remove the lower dash trim to make sure there is no screws on the bottom face. ive pulled one out before but its been so long i dont remember exactly.