60/40 bench and cup holders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think i want to do a swap from the standard chairs and center console to the bench style, but looking at the fold down middle section im not seeing cup holders. would this pretty much limit me to the AC blocking cupholder in the dash.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Yes that's what my crew cab has, the split bench seat has the folding piece in the middle that has storage inside, but no cup holder. So that leaves you with one cup holder that's actually usable when driving. I have an idea on making a deal that sist on the transmission tunnel ( since it's pretty flat) that will have a couple of PVC pipe fittings on it, to hold fast food/quickie mart cups. I'm thinking along the lines of a piece of wood with these fittings on it, and Velcro on the underneath so it stays on the carpet. Ten ply truck tires and stuff one ton suspension, this truck rides like the tank that it is....
And yeah, whoever decided to put the only cupholder in front of the main AC vent , needs to be slapped! Especially when that's the only one that serves the back seat!

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes that's what my crew cab has, the split bench seat has the folding piece in the middle that has storage inside, but no cup holder. So that leaves you with one cup holder that's actually usable when driving. I have an idea on making a deal that sist on the transmission tunnel ( since it's pretty flat) that will have a couple of PVC pipe fittings on it, to hold fast food/quickie mart cups. I'm thinking along the lines of a piece of wood with these fittings on it, and Velcro on the underneath so it stays on the carpet. Ten ply truck tires and stuff one ton suspension, this truck rides like the tank that it is....
And yeah, whoever decided to put the only cupholder in front of the main AC vent , needs to be slapped! Especially when that's the only one that serves the back seat!
Still better then my first car, a 1990 mazda 626, had zero cup holders.

Adding something like that kind of defeats the purpose adding a third seat up front if all the leg room is cupholders

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Still better then my first car, a 1990 mazda 626, had zero cup holders.

Adding something like that kind of defeats the purpose adding a third seat up front if all the leg room is cupholders
True that! In our use of this truck, though, it's very unlikely we'll have all three of us on the front seat. My brother is 6'5" with size 16 feet, and Mom and I are not skinny like we were years ago! So it could be done, but I'd rather not....

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll post a pic of the burb. I got a 60/40 and rigged up a cupholder for me and my wife.. Idea still pending to look presentable but it does the job and gives you an idea.. also the seat still usable along with the floor

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
True that! In our use of this truck, though, it's very unlikely we'll have all three of us on the front seat. My brother is 6'5" with size 16 feet, and Mom and I are not skinny like we were years ago! So it could be done, but I'd rather not....
Back in my high school days, Dad wanted to go to a swap meet in Abilene, Texas, and Mom and I were also going. My cousin was in trade school at TSTI Waco then, and he wanted to come as well. So we drove up, got him, and continued on, 4 of us in Dad's 75 Sierra Classic, side by side on the green vinyl bench seat.....
We were all skinnier, but it was tight enough that our coats had to ride in a bag in the bed.... This was in February in north Texas, was very cold, so every stop was a frenzy of getting coats out and on, and then take them off, stow them, and get back in the truck quickly!

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
I'll post a pic of the burb. I got a 60/40 and rigged up a cupholder for me and my wife.. Idea still pending to look presentable but it does the job and gives you an idea.. also the seat still usable along with the floor
Good idea! I'm going to look at Pep Boys today,at that one that someone posted. I used to have some of the old style plastic ones that sat on the tunnel, car caddy, I think they're called, but not any more.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here you go. not the prettiest but it works

Attachments

• 20220907_155238.jpg
    20220907_155238.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 42
  • 20220907_155312.jpg
    20220907_155312.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 42