Cup Holders??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RJWTX

Reaction score
Ok I have a delima. I have a 1992 K2500 extended cab with NV4500 5 speed. I have 95< 60/40 seats with flip up console. I have an aftermarket radio under the center dash vents, and pocket in oem radio location. I need a cup holder, preferably 2 in the front seat. Cannot put one on the floor cause I need to move the seat so the kiddos can load up, i cannot use the OEM style as it would interferewith the shifter. I have tried searching and I searched for hours over the last few days. Any one here have any ideas or leads?

Thank you

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
My 93 with the 5-speed came with the OEM dash-mounted cup holder - it's just moved over a few inches to make way for the shifter, putting it slightly offset to the center vents/stereo rather than directly under it. The two screw holes for both positions are present on all the 88-94 trucks regardless of whether or not they came with the cupholders or what position they were in.

packer0440

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just put one of these in a truck I am fixing up right now (has a four speed, so not as much risk of interference), and it will fit as the other comment said, although I did need to drill the holes (PITA since the four speed has that additional plate sticking up). Here is a thread I came across recently that has instructions on how to do it:

RedneckWithPaychecks

454/350 x (4x4)²
Reaction score
Whatever you do, don't use these:
You must be registered for see images attach

Picture stolen directly from DuckDuckGo
My buddy has one in a squarebody 'burb and it does a great job of NOT holding your drink. Falls off all the time too.

I have no idea where i found this picture or why its in my photos but this style works good. Also its a factory part so it might bolt right up (don't hold me to this). My 94 has it, I shouldve put a full console from an Escalade when I did the seat swap but the 95+ console works fine for me.

Stock cup holder for 88-94 trucks, the 95+ one sometimes falls out.

Ruff Idol

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Whatever you do, don't use these:

Picture stolen directly from DuckDuckGo
My buddy has one in a squarebody 'burb and it does a great job of NOT holding your drink. Falls off all the time too.

I have no idea where i found this picture or why its in my photos but this style works good. Also its a factory part so it might bolt right up (don't hold me to this). My 94 has it, I shouldve put a full console from an Escalade when I did the seat swap but the 95+ console works fine for me.

Stock cup holder for 88-94 trucks, the 95+ one sometimes falls out.
WHERE do you get this part? I would love it for my 92 C1500 because it has no cupholders & I would like to stay with the 60/40 bench instead of a center console.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
WHERE do you get this part? I would love it for my 92 C1500 because it has no cupholders & I would like to stay with the 60/40 bench instead of a center console.
Discussed frequently in here.. it's a factory optional part that fits 88-94 GMT400's. Available in several colors. Discontinued long ago like most other parts at this point; you can find 'em hunting through enough boneyards or from a few members here that frequent the boneyards.

Richard

Ruff Idol

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Discussed frequently in here.. it's a factory optional part that fits 88-94 GMT400's. Available in several colors. Discontinued long ago like most other parts at this point; you can find 'em hunting through enough boneyards or from a few members here that frequent the boneyards.

Richard
Gotcha. It seems from past discussions it should bolt onto 2 of the existing dash bolts? This would really be nice

1madmouse

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since this seems to be a shifter clearance problem, anyone tried to change the shifter angle? Like heat and bend to where it is comfortable to shift. I remember having to do this with a aftermarket Muncie shifter in a 55 Chevy pickup. I have the OEM cupholder in my 93, but have to make sure the stereo is all the way in or the cups hit it. Some stereos stick out more than others. I personally hate the stereo mounted in the middle of the dash.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Gotcha. It seems from past discussions it should bolt onto 2 of the existing dash bolts? This would really be nice
Yes it does! I got one last month at my local yard; it's missing the plastic trim on the front though. That's how I got it; apparently they break off.....