rear upper shock mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I got new polyurethane bushings for my shocks but I can't quite figure out how to get that weird looking metal bracket through the eyelet with the bushing on the upper rear shocks. Anybody know an easy trick to get these through.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

1sickcrewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There pretty hard to get on. Just put a lot of wd40 and get two small 2x4 and line them with the edge of shock hole and hammer down that shock eyelet so that it slides inbetween 2x4s . Ive only taking them off and wasn't to bad. I just a sprayed wd40 and with channel locks pulled it out. Just do oppsite

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
I usually use caliper grease or silicone, oils will soften and damage the rubber, WD40 works too, it's fish oil based so I don't think it will affect the rubber bushing. I lock the shock in a vice and use a large pair of channel locks to squeeze the part in. Takes time but it isn't very difficult.