Front Passenger upper shock mount broken off frame

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This entire front end shock mounting looks like something out of a cartoon.
Trying to get my head around why it looks like it's been dragged down the highway, Awfully beat and skanked up for where it mounts, looks homemade-ish or repaired. Thinking this thing got wacked once upon a time. Bent knuckle, half-assed put back together, etc.

Last edited:

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There’s a lot to unpack here.

I’d be pissed. That’s not “just a broken shock mount”. Shock mounts aren’t a wear item, or a consumable.

I like the idea of trashing the entire front end and starting over.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I’d be pissed. That’s not “just a broken shock mount”. Shock mounts aren’t a wear item, or a consumable.

too long shocks may be hammering the shock mounts coupled with the fact the aftermarket /homemade mounts changed the direction in which it gets loaded/ sees force. Aftermarket/new and improved doesn't always = better.

Papikev252

Reaction score
Lmao you guys really let me have it. Nice. First off yes the frame is straight, it has a 6 inch pro comp lift kit on it. Those hoops came with it to convert that shock mount point as a mount point for the bracket, and then to run dual shocks that connect to bracket that molts on top of upper ball joint. The only issue here is that the mount is broken, it’s not attached at all it’s just sitting there because the dual hoop mount is bolted to it. It drives perfect and it’s actually aligned very good. It’s just I have no shock on that side basically so it’s rough. I don’t even drive it right now. Haha

Papikev252

Reaction score

I just did all the ball joints and steering components. So that if I get someone to fab and weld a new mount it’s ready to go.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it has a 6 inch pro comp lift kit on it.
...and that's a damned shame.

Those hoops came with it to convert that shock mount point as a mount point for the bracket, and then to run dual shocks... ...I have no shock on that side basically so it’s rough.
WHY would you need a shock connected to the stock mount when you have TWO OF THEM ON EACH SIDE connected to the aftermarket hoop?

And obviously you need some help to get the tires to not rub on the TWO SHOCKS clearly visible in your photo.

Last edited:

Papikev252

Reaction score
Its like a game of Where's Waldo... Camber adjusters maxed out on LCA also.

Have any more pics of the truck that we can knit-pick?
That’s not the lower control arm, that’s the diff drop and lower control arm drop bracket from the lift. The uppers May be maxed out. But I just got it and on my prior ones I always put the ball joint spacers so it’s not maxed on the camber. But thanks for the concern

Papikev252

Reaction score
...and that's a damned shame.

WHY would you need a shock connected to the stock mount when you have TWO OF THEM ON EACH SIDE connected to the aftermarket hoop?

And obviously you need some help to get the tires to not rub on the TWO SHOCKS clearly visible in your photo.
I bought it with the lift kit ‍♂️

And I don’t need a shock connected to it, that’s not what i was saying. I need a new mount fabricated so that the hoop has something solid to attach too, and so that the shocks aren’t just hanging there rubbing on the tire like you mentioned. I think you missed the point of the post. Maybe I can post pics at a better angle so you can see what’s going on. I’m aware, I just wanted to know opinions on which direction to go.