UCA hitting frame at full travel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1994c2500

Reaction score
Spring spacers are not the answer :superhack:

Spindles and control arms minimum.

I THINK I saw some mid-travel kits, or at least someone was building/designing one for our trucks.
Alright so I found one company that makes upper arms for my type of truck. (he said 6 lug 2500 is basically a 1500 and 8 lug 2500 is basically a 3500) Spoke with a very knowledgeable fella from airbagit/chassistech on the phone. 600 bucks for the arms but they seem to correct the ball joint angle and path of the UCA. im going to go with spindles and UCA’s (yikes expensive) and scrap this dumba** spacer

edit: part no is x2-car-gm8898b

1994c2500

Reaction score
l
Spring spacers are not the answer :superhack:

Spindles and control arms minimum.

I THINK I saw some mid-travel kits, or at least someone was building/designing one for our trucks.
look up schumaker metal works. only guy that makes a long travel kit. although theres no chance in hell im paying the price of my truck for that kit

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
l

look up schumaker metal works. only guy that makes a long travel kit. although theres no chance in hell im paying the price of my truck for that kit
Sheesh! That’s some nice looking stuff though.

Looks like @Burdom13 was developing a mid travel kit for his truck but it was 4x4

1989GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You need aftermarket long travel UCAs. You’re gonna break a ball joint jumping that truck or eventually break something . A vehicle needs both up and down suspension travel.

1990Z71Swede

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
here it is in the air with the uca/ball joint contacting frame. shouldve known people would just say to sell it lol. looks like the uca and ball joint angle is the problem at the moment. im either going to scrap the coil spacer and go for a spindle lift or buy the extended upper arms to try and fix uca geometry/angle. just want to have somewhat normal suspension travel.. and when I say “jump” I mean they will smack the frame if I hit a tall speed bump too fast.. lol. want to be able to drive on bumpy dirt roads.
You must be registered for see images attach
Ouch :oops: But on the bright side... Not a lot of rust on it.
Also you're missing a pair of driveshafts to be doing this kind of thing... But dont sell it, just put it closer to the ground and buy one more truck. One that has those missing driveshafts. Lift that one instead.

Last edited: