Rear shocks twisting frame?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As much as I am not a Ford fan, I have always appreciated the so-called Bullet Birds, and Flair Birds. (Enthusiasts split them into two groups, I have no idea why. It's all the same body style to me.) The 67 re-design is not bad. When that body style ended, so did my interest in Thunderbuzzards.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That goes against everything I've read in chassis manuals etc. It might not make a tremendous difference on a pick up but I've seen my fair share of rear end collisions on pick-ups and almost always one or both upper bedside corners smack the cab corners below the rear window in a collision. Flexi-flyers.

Do you think that's what happened to the truck I bought?

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there matching damage on the bed?

Any chance the damage to the back of the cab is from a topper?
The middle of the front of the bed is bowed out (towards the front of the truck) ever so slightly. It's hard to tell in the pic. The tailgate has a lot of denting, but can't be certain of the cause.

What I also noticed when I removed the carpeting in the cab is that there has been panel welding to the passenger rear corner of the cab. Not sure exactly what was replaced — I am not a body man — but something was replaced, and it involved cutting out and welding in a new panel [section].