rear drums arent coming off a 14 bolt semi float

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nicklatech

cummins in a chevy
Reaction score
I just pulled the wheel off and tried to pull off the drum. Is there anything else I need to remove? btw I'm also trying PB blaster to help.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is the drum even loose from the hub but not coming off? Or is the drum not moving in and out at all? If not loose from the hub you need to hit it between the studs till it breaks loose. Anything less than a 3lb. hammer isn't hitting it.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
A hammer and heat is your friend. Torch it between the studs with MAPP or propane and beat it with a hammer until it comes off.

nicklatech

cummins in a chevy
Reaction score
Ok lots of pb and a sledgehammer love... then I just beat on her like she owed me money. Brakes are back together with new wheel cylinders and bleed to perfection.

Last edited:

CarolinaOBS

ZIP TIES AND PB BLASTER
Reaction score
Same as everyone else said, small hammer and heat. Can also pop the bleeder valve and try and relieve pressure off the pads. Since you would bleed the brakes after anyways.

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
Deal with them almost on a daily basis. A dead blow to the center between the studs usually does the trick