Realift Relocators - Install + Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sparg93

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks! Looking forward to it. I have an RCX lift on the way so I'm interested in doing this.

When I installed my RCX lift, I replaced everything (tie rods, pitman, idler, idler bracket) and if I thought further ahead, I also would have swapped the control arm bushings....just an idea since you will have everything torn apart.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
When I installed my RCX lift, I replaced everything (tie rods, pitman, idler, idler bracket) and if I thought further ahead, I also would have swapped the control arm bushings....just an idea since you will have everything torn apart.

Yep. I'll probably do ball joints too. Might wait until I get this so I can get it all done in one shot

Sparg93

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The front end components are all the same, so yes it does...

I forgot about mentioning ball joints. If you have the OEM ones in there, replace them as well.

I agree with Blue, it takes a lot of work to replace your front end components and complete the lift...especially if this is your first time doing all of it. Working patiently and doing everything right, I would benchmark x3 days to complete everything for a first timer. To install the Relocators on a pickup versus 4dr Tahoe is a bit easier, but I would benchmark one full day to get it all done.

Some guys will laugh at 3 days for a suspension lift + front end, but trust me, if you need your truck on Monday for work and you start in the middle of the day Saturday, you won't have it done in time if you swap everything. There's always a rusty bolt or two or damaged brake line flare that will jam you up somewhere.

However, once you swap everything over, you'll be amazed at how long your front end components will last. Some guys always complain that susp lifts wear parts out, but that's b/c they keep the originals in, install aftermarket junk and/or crank the hell out of their tbars. If you do it right, this stuff will last for years to come...except for pitman/idler which does tend to wear out prematurely.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I won't laugh at you at all, it took me about 5 days to do mine, but two days I could only put in about 4 hrs because of work. I completely agree to rebuild the front end and install the lift set aside 3 full 10 hr work days....

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
I won't laugh either. It took me several days. Heck I pissed away almost a whole day messing with the rivets in the lower ball joints!

Sparg93

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I won't laugh at you at all, it took me about 5 days to do mine, but two days I could only put in about 4 hrs because of work. I completely agree to rebuild the front end and install the lift set aside 3 full 10 hr work days....

And I think RCX quotes 6-8hrs for the job.

It was me and a friend and it still took us a few days using air tools, grinders, etc. One thing that drives me nuts about the RCX lift is that instead of simply offering or providing longer brake lines, they actually have you bend the existing hard line!!! That is the absolute dumbest way to extend a brake line. If I knew that going into the job, I would have simply ordered new lines bc bending that rusty 10yr+ brake line is just a bad idea IMO.

Bluex - those ball joints are indeed a pain. In theory it's easy...cut and knock out the rivets, install ball join, screw in new bolts...done! Nope, took me many hours to complete both sides.

However, if I had a hydraulic lift and a double set of tools with another guy working, in "theory" I could see banging out the whole job in a day.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
It took me two days by myself from open to close in a hobby shop on base to change all 4 ball joints. They were still the stock ones from 97 and had been run on a lift with 35s since it came off the lot according to the PO.

I ended up completely removing the upper control arm and putting it in a vice and air hammer/drilling them out. Now that they are bolt in, I could easily do the change in a day or less. The LCAs just needed a BFH and some finesse.

But I have a ProComp lift with the torsion bars like that as well. Would the relocating kit work with mine? I might be taking the rear trac bars off as well, and would like to clean up under my truck.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And I think RCX quotes 6-8hrs for the job.

It was me and a friend and it still took us a few days using air tools, grinders, etc. One thing that drives me nuts about the RCX lift is that instead of simply offering or providing longer brake lines, they actually have you bend the existing hard line!!! That is the absolute dumbest way to extend a brake line. If I knew that going into the job, I would have simply ordered new lines bc bending that rusty 10yr+ brake line is just a bad idea IMO.

Bluex - those ball joints are indeed a pain. In theory it's easy...cut and knock out the rivets, install ball join, screw in new bolts...done! Nope, took me many hours to complete both sides.

However, if I had a hydraulic lift and a double set of tools with another guy working, in "theory" I could see banging out the whole job in a day.

Ya I put longer braided stainless line on mine instead of messing with bending the factory lines. I thought bending the old stock lines would be a bad idea as well.

My upper ball joints took about two hours an the lowers about 3. I had to constantly loosen an move the press to keep them going in straight. It was a pia all the way around....