Realift Relocators - Install + Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Spot on!

Doing everything at once will save you hours of assembly/disassembly of the same exact parts. Not to mention taking tools out, putting them away, etc etc

Start Friday after work and start digging in! But preparation is key, so read through the lift instructions thoroughly and make sure you have all the tools needed. On example is that when you detach the brake lines, it's possible you'll have to reflare them...so make sure you have the tool or you're SOL. Having a buddy with you will help immensely on this kind of work.

Well I'm not sure why you would have to reflare any brake lines but I didn't even disconnect any brake lines when I lifted my truck! That's one thing I don't like having to have to deal with is bleeding brakes and brake fluid getting everywhere.

Sparg93

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I'm not sure why you would have to reflare any brake lines but I didn't even disconnect any brake lines when I lifted my truck! That's one thing I don't like having to have to deal with is bleeding brakes and brake fluid getting everywhere.

Come to think about it, I don't know why I did either. I just checked the RCX install instructions and they tell you to separate the hard line from the rubber, but I can't honestly remember why I listened to them for that part of the install.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Come to think about it, I don't know why I did either. I just checked the RCX install instructions and they tell you to separate the hard line from the rubber, but I can't honestly remember why I listened to them for that part of the install.

You probably took them apart to remove the factory bracket but I just cut mine off because you didn't need them apart to install the new brackets.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
You probably took them apart to remove the factory bracket but I just cut mine off because you didn't need them apart to install the new brackets.

we should seriously re-write the instructions for a GMT-400 version. It sounds like there are quite a few things that you can do differently/easier.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
we should seriously re-write the instructions for a GMT-400 version. It sounds like there are quite a few things that you can do differently/easier.

That's basically what we did with the tips thread....

(Which should be stickied IMO)

Sparg93

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
:bawl:

I need to be a member to see it... can we embed it here or send a youtube/photobucket link. plzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No you don't, guests can view it. Just scroll down to the post and you will the video embedded in the site and just hit play.

I just logged out and was able to view as a guest.

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sparg thank you.
Watched the whole thing, One thing is that you need a truck xmemeber and remove the gas tank xmemeber. since then have you fabbed up a new gas tank one?

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
:idiot: it did work... he he he

VERY good video! Rep on the way! Very informative and helped me understand more how the t-bar system works. :handshake: