Realift Relocators - Install + Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sparg93

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
With most suspension lift kits on our trucks lowering the torsion bars to below the frame, I think we can all agree this lowered tbar cross member is the #1 reason for not clearing obstacles.

With that in mind, I went ahead and purchased a set of Realift Relocators for my truck and put together a product review for anyone interested. Also, the truck for this install was my '99 Chevy Tahoe, which involved a few extra steps to get this setup to fit vs installing on a pickup or suburban.

Below is a link to the Realift Relocator Review I wrote:
http://www.gmc4x4.com/topic/1222-realift-torsion-bar-relocators-review/#entry17430

I also created a How-To video which I'll share next week.

EDIT:
Here is the link to the video as promised.
http://www.gmc4x4.com/topic/1258-realift-relocator-installation-comprehensive/

Before:
You must be registered for see images attach

Installed:

After:

Last edited:

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Love it, definitely a beneficial mod. Do the RCX and other kits leave the torsion bars down like that or is just the realift? In that case, can the realift relocators be used with any other lift that leaves the t-bars slouchin below the frame?

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Yes, RCX leaves the torsion bars below the frame. And yes, Realift Locators take care of the problem. There's two members on here with RCX lifts who have done this. IIRC, it costs about $300 though, that being the only turnoff. I'll probably end up doing it, just a lot to shell out, haha

Sparg93

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes, RCX leaves the torsion bars below the frame. And yes, Realift Locators take care of the problem. There's two members on here with RCX lifts who have done this. IIRC, it costs about $300 though, that being the only turnoff. I'll probably end up doing it, just a lot to shell out, haha

Spot on.

Essentially this is for suspension lifts that drop the front differential & lower control arms. Where you run into some difficulties is with drops >6" b/c the torsion bar will hit the transmission cross member. You can mod this cross member but it's not for the faint of heart and you really need to know what you're doing. Otherwise, this is a pretty straightforward install.

You'll see in the review I wrote that for 4dr Tahoe, you MUST use the pickup/burb tbar cross member because it is different then the Tahoe version. Essentially with Tahoe tbar cross member the different mounting points will hit the gas tank, so I had to use the pickup/burb version to make it work.

When I'm done editing the video, I'll show all the points of interest to make this work (i.e. modifying brackets prior to install, fuel lines, etc).

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sparg I LOVE YOU!! FLK SKGASKDAJ

LIKE LOVE YOU A LOT.

Ive been wanted a IFS lift with realift re locators so badly but someone told me about the tbar thing and gas tank thing.... Im super excited for your video now.

Sparg93

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sparg I LOVE YOU!! FLK SKGASKDAJ

LIKE LOVE YOU A LOT.

Ive been wanted a IFS lift with realift re locators so badly but someone told me about the tbar thing and gas tank thing.... Im super excited for your video now.

Once I post it, I'll send the link over here for all to view. The video will probably be around 10min, but I'm hoping I covered everything in a fairly comprehensive fashion.

It takes a little bit of work and patience, but you can definitely make it work for your 4dr Tahoe w/o any crazy modifications. However, you have to remove an important cross member from the frame near the gas tank and a new one will need to be fabricated (i haven't completed that yet).

I run a RCX lift kit with Sway-A-Way torsion bars.