rcx lift kit question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackBeauty

No I'm Awesome
Reaction score
t bars are the answer, the kit aint a 6 inch lift anyways the 6 inch is by cranking.

I would remove the add a leaf, so what if it's not 6 inch, if the thing is lifted enough for him then do it.

It may be tough to get another 1 or more out of the front t-bars. They could be sagging or what not.

Again for it being a 6 inch lift maybe it is, he has hevier duty leaves then most and where the aal and block make most 6 inch lift out back maybe his is now 7-1/2?

That's what I'm thinking!! The 14 bolt has thicker axle shafts, therefor you have added lift, which means technically you will have a 6" lift over a 10 bolt halfton if the AAL is left out, then you crank the front 1/2" and it will be lifted 6" and still ride good!

95obschevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Id say just pull the AAL out. It will still look big and your ride quality would get better id think because AAL's tend to stiffen things up a bit. A little off topic but how much did the lift cost? Ive been looking to get this lift but wasnt sure how much there were in extra costs besides just the lift.

chevy power

Reaction score
well this morning i called up rough country and told them what is going on. they told me to crank up 1 1/2 turn and let that aal settle they say it will settle in a bit. and i will always have that rear rake from the back. its normal. so im going to wait a and see what happens maybe it will settle. if not im definenly removing the aal. it is stiff out back. as for the price i paid $965 shipped. great kit. looks great.

Askme42

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just bought this lift the only extra i got was a steering stabilizer. You should look to spend between $1000-1100. Now I have another $300 or so in ball joints pitman arm idler arm tie rods and stuff. Now I'm just waiting to get the money for rims and tires.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
the 14 bolt will add lift over a 10 bolt, as was said, the axle tubes are bigger, but I don't think it is really enough to be noticable. All told maybe 1/2". It is possible that you have one of the beefier spring packs swapped in as well, which would explain the added rear lift.

Also, pretty confident that NO K1500 came factory with a 14 bolt (ignoring the 454ss), so it was swapped over at some point, but thats kinda outside the scope.

What is the GVWR?

Edit: Self correction. It appears that I am wrong and that a "heavy duty towing package" was available as a special order only option, including beefier springs and a 14bsf.

Last edited:

chevy power

Reaction score
its factory alright. with 342 gears. im actually glad it has it , thats a really nice rear end to have. i nowthinking of putting a mag hytec diff cover .