rcx lift kit question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevy power

Reaction score
i just had a rcx 6 inch lift kit installed in my 1998 chevy z71. the truck has a 14 bolt rear end from factory. which is bigger then most k1500. the lift kit is now installed. and the rear is about 1 1/2 inches taller then the front. the t bars are cranked up but not to the max. it rides ok now. on the rear they added the leaf and the block that comes with the kit. my rear leafs have 5 total leafs not including the add a leaf. do i need to remove one of the leafs to level the truck.does the 14 bolt trucks come with an extra leaf from factory? or should i keep crnking.

BlackBeauty

No I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you don't want it to ride like junk, don't crank... Id say take the AAL out, which should still give it about a 1/2" rake, but still ride decent

chevy power

Reaction score
if i remove the aal then it not a 6 inch lift. i heard something about factory overload leaf was i supposed to remove one of my stock leafs. it doesnt say anywhere in the instructions

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
t bars are the answer, the kit aint a 6 inch lift anyways the 6 inch is by cranking.

I would remove the add a leaf, so what if it's not 6 inch, if the thing is lifted enough for him then do it.

It may be tough to get another 1 or more out of the front t-bars. They could be sagging or what not.

Again for it being a 6 inch lift maybe it is, he has hevier duty leaves then most and where the aal and block make most 6 inch lift out back maybe his is now 7-1/2?

kn1ght

Banned
Reaction score
I personally hate when they are cranked up. They make the ride **** IMO. But, to each there own. Yeah, I'm thankful I have two days off to figure out WTF is up with my truck.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
LOL no doubt.

yea some hate it, some are ok with it, truth is though the full lift is by cranking somewhat. without seeing his angles and what not kinda hard to figure out exactly what would work.

best bet IMO w/o seeing it, remove the AAL.

Funny thing I se that all the time, nobody wants stiffer ride, yet AAL's make it stiffer.