question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kkirwan71

women problems
Reaction score
a lot of guys on here say "cranked and blocked on 35s" my question is how do you guys do it? my truck is cranked and can barely swing 33s

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
I'm been trying to figure that out myself. Mine is cranked to the max and sits level without any blocks in the rear. I'm going to be getting a set of 285's [roughly 33"] and am wondering if they will rub.

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Y'all's torsion bars have lost their spring rate (sagging) if you are not on the drop stops, it's not maxed out. Even if the bolts are threaded all of the way in. If it's not on the drop stops, the bars are sagging. You can swap to 2500 bars. They have a higher spring rate and will net you more lift with less crank, but it will still have bad cv/ball joint and tie rod angles.

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Tires are all over the map when it comes to different brands. One 33" is not the same as another companies 33". Sites like Tire Rack and others are good when it comes to comparing actual measured tire height data before buying.

As an aside, trucks with cranked torsion bars ride poorly as there is no droop travel left, and if your torsion bars are sagged, as said you could go to a 3/4 ton bar and get some room on the bolt. It doesn't fix the other problem though with the droop travel.

brice

Reaction score
Y'all's torsion bars have lost their spring rate (sagging) if you are not on the drop stops, it's not maxed out. Even if the bolts are threaded all of the way in. If it's not on the drop stops, the bars are sagging. You can swap to 2500 bars. They have a higher spring rate and will net you more lift with less crank, but it will still have bad cv/ball joint and tie rod angles.

Just a kid here, was wondering if it would be too much to try to get 1" of lift from torsion crank in the front and a block in the rear? thanks!