question on airbags??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

noremac

OHHH SNNNAAAPPP
Reaction score
Airline Size 1/2"
Valves (4) 3/8" Danz
Compressor Viair 380 <-------------------------------------i prefer two compressors, if nothing else, step up to the viair 480.. its a bit bigger, and faster fill time...
Air Tank Aluminum 5gallon w/9 ports (Black) <-------viair 480 will fill this fairly quick..
Switchbox Arc-5PB-BK <-------------------------------------awesome switchbox!!
Front Bags Slam Specialties RE-7 <------------------------awesome bags!
Front Bag Brackets r 88-98 GM Truck
Rear Bags Slam Specialties RE-8
Rear Bag Brackets 4pc UNIVERSAL REAR OVER AXLE BRACKETS (BBRUN2)
4-Link Triangulated 4-Link Kit (1.25" Link Bars)
C-Notch 1-piece notch
Air Gauges White Face Dual Needle Gauge 150psi
Gauge Air Line 5/32"
Front Shock Brackets No
Rear Shock Brackets yes

you still need fittings, but that is something you have to look at the catalog, and start sketching out on paper....

shocks are personal preference.. i didnt run shocks on my s10...

2tone95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
theres also a compressor that says viair 480? also would the 3/8'' valves is that going to make it drop fast and raise fast or is the 1/2'' valves that are better

noremac

OHHH SNNNAAAPPP
Reaction score
bigger the valve, the faster it is... again, somethign you kinda have to play with. i never liked slamming to the ground and eventually breaking something, but liked popping up scaring people lol.. i like 1/2" ups 3/8" downs

i was trying to post pictures of my setup on the s10, but photobucket is being gay...

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
You probably want to go with 8 valves. I know you said you just want front and back but you also said you want a performance suspension as well. With four valves you are going to get air transfer from side to side or front to back depending on how it is set up. With 8 valves there will be no air transfer and you will have the ability to adjust each corner individually. Plus it will stiffen up the suspension b/c there will be no transfer of air.

noremac

OHHH SNNNAAAPPP
Reaction score
You probably want to go with 8 valves. I know you said you just want front and back but you also said you want a performance suspension as well. With four valves you are going to get air transfer from side to side or front to back depending on how it is set up. With 8 valves there will be no air transfer and you will have the ability to adjust each corner individually. Plus it will stiffen up the suspension b/c there will be no transfer of air.

that depends.. he could install checkvalves, and stop that...

2tone95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
did i choose the 1/2 ups and 3/8 downs on that kit idk if thats how shows cuz i dont wana slam the crap out of it and break sumting as u said also would i be able to setup up all that under the bed towards the back so it could be all hidden or is it just best to put it on the bed and i knw everthing under my truck tucks in under the frame except for the gas tank i knw it could be raised or put a smaller one rite?