question on airbags??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
It depends on how much you are wanting to spend. A custom shop is going to charge a lot for labor. Installing an air bag suspension is labor intensive. They may get you a deal on the kit but then it depends on how good their work is. That is another area you will have to research. I never trusted shops in my area so I bagged my truck myself. The cheapest route is going to be installing this yourself if you have the means to.

It all boils down to what your abilities are and how deep your pockets go. But don't get discouraged. A bagged truck can be very reliable and fun. It's a big investment up front but worth it in the end. I enjoyed my bagged truck while it was drivable.

But don't be afraid to ask a lot of questions.

2tone95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ya thats y i wana bag my truck i knw it will be fun and well im not really willing to spend more than 2k on the airbag kit im pretty sure i could install the airbag kit myself with a help of someone that has air suspension experience which is what im planning on doing and paying him some money which would be alot less than what a shop would charge me ...im with u on not trusting a shop with my truck

2tone95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
how could i put the link on here of the kit that AVS has for sell to c if it would work fine??

2tone95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
this is what the AVS kit comes with is there anything i should consider changing cuz theres options for every item it comes with I WANT TO CHOSE SLAM SPECIALTIES BAGS BUT IDK WHAT THE RE-5 RE-6 ETC STANDS FOR???

Airline Size 1/2"
Valves (4) 3/8" Danz
Compressor Viair 380
Air Tank Aluminum 5gallon w/9 ports (Black)
Switchbox Arc-5PB-BK
Front Bags Slam Specialties RE-7
Front Bag Brackets r 88-98 GM Truck
Rear Bags Slam Specialties RE-8
Rear Bag Brackets 4pc UNIVERSAL REAR OVER AXLE BRACKETS (BBRUN2)
4-Link Triangulated 4-Link Kit (1.25" Link Bars)
C-Notch 1-piece notch
Air Gauges White Face Dual Needle Gauge 150psi
Gauge Air Line 5/32"
Front Shock Brackets No
Rear Shock Brackets yes

noremac

OHHH SNNNAAAPPP
Reaction score
re5 etc is size of bag in inches at compressed.. you want re7's or re8's...

and it gets more complicated.. if you want front back side side (fbss) you need 8 valves total...

2tone95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i just want front back....not side to side and so then does that kit come with basically everything i basically need leme redo the list then

noremac

OHHH SNNNAAAPPP
Reaction score
you will probably want dual compressors, but thats personal preference, and depends on how much you are gonna play with em lol.. bigger the tank, the bigger the resevoir of pressurized air, the more play time before compressor kicks on...

2tone95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ya ill probably mess with them alot lol so then if i plan to use them alot upgrade to dual compressors? and bigger tank? also should i also get the front shock brackets?