Putting A Chip In A TBI Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Teddy

Reaction score
I tried the chip thing a while ago with a TBI chip. I found though with me I like to change things around and try new things i.e. cam, injectors, fuel pressure. I found that the EBL from dynamic EFI is the way to go. Get the whole ecm with the software and support. Has room in it for adding things like a WB O2. I now have total control over everything from spark advance to injector pulse width to acceleration enrichment. It even has a volumetric effeciency (ve) learn on it.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I tried the chip thing a while ago with a TBI chip. I found though with me I like to change things around and try new things i.e. cam, injectors, fuel pressure. I found that the EBL from dynamic EFI is the way to go. Get the whole ecm with the software and support. Has room in it for adding things like a WB O2. I now have total control over everything from spark advance to injector pulse width to acceleration enrichment. It even has a volumetric effeciency (ve) learn on it.

Wow please explain this like you would to a retard. What does EBL stand for? I'm very interested in this I also own a 350 TBI

Teddy

Reaction score
Alright here is the link to the website http://www.dynamicefi.com/
Basically its like burning chips without burning a chip. All there is to it is a cable that plugs into your laptop and it gives you everything you need to comunicate with the truck. There is a program that comes with it that is called the Whats Up Display. There you can see your speed, RPM, spark advance, throtle position sensor %, MAP sensor vacuum, coolent temp, and so on. The guy that builds them is name Bob. He is a really good cat that has helped me with any questions I have. All I do is send him the info on what I have change and the current bin (this is the file that runs the truck) and he sorts me out in a heart beat. Have a look on the site, you will be amazed how much you can get from just tuning.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow see someone got me under the impression that we could not tune these TBI trucks like the vortecs can be done...Is doing all this expensive? Do I have to buy and install a new truck computer or? Thanks for explaining that and how much power and driveability could be gained with a tune from this program? I'm not looking to make crazy power, just give it some more punch!

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow I see it is $350 for one and $450 for the other..So are there 2 different types of this thing? I worry about my CPU skills and trying to tune an engine myself I don't know a whole lot. Do I need to be particularly advanced to do this or?

Teddy

Reaction score
For the whole thing, new ecm and all the cables and shipping is $465 ish. That is about the cost of 3 burnt chips and hoping you got what you want. I think it is great having the ability to lean out or richen my ratio and change anything I want. Alot of it is still learning for me but like I said Bob is great for support. I also forgot about the datalogging it has. So basically this is the ability to log the way the truck runs over a certain time that you control. From there you can see what your quater mile times are, your fuel economy or pretty much anything else you want. Have a look around the site and see what you think.

Teddy

Reaction score
Not alot of computer skills involved. I read all the info on the site about the introduction to tuning and then I was still missing something and that is Bob came in and helped me out. The greatest thing about it is your not stuck with only one system. It is very much like the edge programmer things for new vehicles.

GreaseDog

Pickup Artist
Reaction score
For the whole thing, new ecm and all the cables and shipping is $465 ish. That is about the cost of 3 burnt chips and hoping you got what you want. I think it is great having the ability to lean out or richen my ratio and change anything I want. Alot of it is still learning for me but like I said Bob is great for support. I also forgot about the datalogging it has. So basically this is the ability to log the way the truck runs over a certain time that you control. From there you can see what your quater mile times are, your fuel economy or pretty much anything else you want. Have a look around the site and see what you think.
actually, if you're getting 3 chips burnt for $465 you're doing good. most places will charge around half that, maybe a little more. BUT, they will generally "retune" it to get whatever you want fixed fixed.

off the shelf chips are not worth the money. if you guys are paying $200 for a generic off the shelf chip, why not add another $100-150 to it, and get something tailer made for your truck?

as for the EBL, if you're dealing with a 93+ truck, you're out of luck, as the EBL does not currently support electronic automatics.