ProSho Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1997k1500Calvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Man I love your truck, I think the new light looks great, will the two intake lights be the same size or bigger

Live action!!

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of stepsides normally, but GAWD this truck makes me moist. Shame about your exhaust.

Thanks man, I aim to have the cleanest one! haha I have a temp fix for it, and according to everyone that's heard it they say it is much better.

This is what it looked like underneath, obviously couldn't let it stay that way, sounded bad, and it was eventually going to fall out by itself.

You must be registered for see images attach
20150127_150148 by officertyler, on Flickr

So we cut it out!

20150209_145256 by officertyler, on Flickr

She looks better without the tips out back honestly.

20150209_145233 by officertyler, on Flickr

Left about 6" of the pipe after the muffler. This video goes over it better, with a sound clip at the end!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKUR3QLYGGo&list=UU2XJbSbRFm-55XG8iLBXURQ

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
My new cats dump under the passenger seat right now. It's enough resonance in there to make you physically sick to your stomach. Just an audible assault on your everything. I'm hoping to get mine into a shop tomorrow. A 20 minute drive turned my head to mush.

sent from a likely flagged smartphone.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
I had my exhaust like that for awhile in my 88. Flowmaster 40 series dumped just before the axle. It was mean sounding. Eventually I had to put the canopy on it in the winter.... it resonated so badly! I went back to having tailpipes xD
I'd imagine that sounds pretty bad with the shell on, lol.
dumped exhaust looks better imo anyways
I think it looks better without it showing out back.
My new cats dump under the passenger seat right now. It's enough resonance in there to make you physically sick to your stomach. Just an audible assault on your everything. I'm hoping to get mine into a shop tomorrow. A 20 minute drive turned my head to mush.

sent from a likely flagged smartphone.
These are still behind the cab, so it's slightly louder, but definitely not annoying.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
dumped exhaust looks better imo anyways
I think it looks better without it showing out back.
I love having exhaust tips in the back of the truck. The problem is so many people just throw crap together without attention to detail. A nice, clean install with only tips showing is perfect.

Last edited: