prolems with my 4x4 not working properly....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnbalderas90k1500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
they go bad alot. i would change it to a cable style actuator. LMC has a kit for like fifty bucks it is a lot less hassle

10ac

Reaction score
i did troubleshoot the actuator tho. i took it out and left plugged in and shifted the truck into 4lo and 4hi and the actuator didnt pop out at all. i then unplugged it and checked the plug and it gets 12 volts when in 4 hi or lo and when shifted back to 2wd it doesnt get 12 volts so i know its getting power... just not working the actuator. so i ordered a new one thats on the way. alsoi noticed the 4wd indicator light not working at the floor shift area so i assume the 4wd transfer case switch that activates the light may be bad as well unless the light bulbs are bad. ill look into it more today. i also finally bought a chiltons manual for the truck as well. they didnt have a haynes. i assume they are the same tho i hope. i will eventually change to the manual acuator style sometime in the near future, for now im just gonna use stock. too many other things i gotta do first. i have new parts in my garage i still havent put on yet...lol.

scott spencer

Reaction score
how hard dose that actuator push of the front end cause i can push mine in with my hand should it be stronger?