Project Ted, a 1993 RCSB 496 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Or just crank a front bar to compensate. That'd probably get it to the point you really couldn't notice.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
More progress! Turns out that with the sway bar disconnected, it sits much lower on the left side. A little lower than I had planned, but I think I will try trimming the fender lip and try it. Took the right spring out and cut that one to match. Test fit the new bumper with valence, want to get some new hardware to mount it. Made a junkyard run to get some stuff that I "misplaced" a couple years ago when I took it apart. Finally got an XJ steering shaft too!
You must be registered for see images attach

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Got the XJ shaft cleaned and painted, just need to notch the shaft on the truck and then ill finally have steering again! Next will be some wiring work to get power to the cab again. Since im going carb, I took out the whole engine/ECU harness, so I got a partial one from the junkyard that im going to cut up and use. Im no longer using the power junction on the passenger side firewall, so i literally just need to connect the one single wire from the battery to the fuse box for power.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Had a little extra time at work today. Started working on the front harness a little, turns out the starter, alternator, and coil wire come out of the junction so i can reuse all of that. Just need to reroute one wiper motor wire and that should work. Cut up the diesel fan shroud to fit since I am running an electric fan. Also trimmed one fender so I hopefully won't rub. Will be test fitting everything tomorrow. Got before/after pics of the shroud trim at least, still needs more sanding.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
I've ordered a few more parts, haven't done much work because its been cold out and I've beem busy work and other gmt800 partouts. Got quite a big list of stuff to do but nearly everything I need has been purchased. Last big thing should be front pads and rotors, just would rather wait till its closer to being done, don't want new ones rusting up. Got headlights, front bumper, power steering cooler, mufflers, front shocks, and a few small odds and ends all showing up over the next couple days. One thing I did add on to the list is a rear spoiler. Years ago I had one of the Lund tailgate spoilers on my 94 rcsb and i liked it, but they are no longer in existence. I bought a universal track spoiler, Im hoping to have it look similar to these NASCAR trucks.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Parts have been starting to pile up, I have pretty much everything I need to get it running and driving, just need to do it! Just finished completely parting out two gmt800s, that's where my spare time has gone for the past couple weeks. At least that has more than paid for all of the parts I've recently bought. The next few days are supposed to be below freezing so probably won't get out there to work on anything.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Did a few small things yesterday, installed front spring spacers to try and correct my front end height, and unfortunately it barely made any difference. I guess now ill have to buy some legit 2" lowering springs to get back up to the height I want. Popped the headlights and grille on, and just set the bumper and hood on for looks, I love it! I like the height but it will just not work with the wheels and tires I'm running, so it will be sitting up at least another inch when done.