Project Ted, a 1993 RCSB 496 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
This truck couldn't have been there very long, still had the keys in it. It was almost in the same condition of Devin's truck. Just guessing, but I bet it was there due to overheating, it had a brand new rear coolant line with sticker still on it. I wonder if they replaced that and discovered that it got too hot and ruined the 305.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
My stupid work schedule never allows me to catch anything good it seems lol. I need a new floor mat and would like a new seat and dash for Pigpen, but I probably won't get them until Spring.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Ordered a couple more things the other day. Starter, distributor, radiator, and harmonic balancer are now on their way. Won't need much more money spent to get it to run, just gonna need oil. plug wires, general wiring, rad hoses, fuel lines, etc. I still have to get around to finishing up all the other small things that i've been putting off, like tightening suspension bolts and putting the cab mount bolts and bed bolts in. I need more motivation to get back working on this thing.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
This is looking awesome. Can't wait to hear a video of it running when you're done.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Actually made some progress last night. Removed the column shift lever and took off the brake booster and auto brake pedal and put the manual one in place. Also finally cleaned up the firewall, it was coated with rusty coolant from when the PO blew a hose. Cleaned up very well, didn't have to paint anything. Also found a passenger side vent delete panel at the junkyard today for a little cleaner look. On a side note, in the process I found an OEM aftermarket alarm system/possible remote starter setup. I would rip it all out, but it had a working keyfob, and I would imagine that's what makes it work.
You must be registered for see images attach