Project: SAS Tow Rig

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What did you use on the frame? Wire wheel? Looks new.

Cajun4x4

The Green Seal
Reaction score
So I know you did it first but I am hopefully going to be running the exact same setup you are in about 2 weeks. Not my choice just the opportunity has risen and I am going to take it if I can get the cash together. So wanna come give me a hand? I'll buy the beer.

badass, im all tied up for a few months though, gotta regear my 14 as these free used gears are no more good, gotta build and put out deer stands and do a buncha work on the duck camp

What did you use on the frame? Wire wheel? Looks new.

yea... ample amounts of degreaser, pressure washer, wire wheel/steel brush, cleaned with brake cleaner and rag, primer then paint. took me a lil while but i think it was worth it

Cajun4x4

The Green Seal
Reaction score
soooooo i mighta bought some chrome H2s with 37 BFG ATs on friday :)

just gotta find me some HD centercaps

You must be registered for see images attach

Cajun4x4

The Green Seal
Reaction score
yea im not a fan of the BFGs... but they came with the rims which i got for a good price and i wanted to see how 37s fit... the answer is they fit awesome but the truck is getting not necessarily TOO tall, but its taller than i envisioned and what is really sensible to tow with. the truck has plenty of power to DD the 37s but as where the 35s were super easy to steer, the 37s are considerably harder to steer. so much as to the point where i wouldnt continue this setup without hydro assist and i dont think assist is in my near future... future plans are more than likely to drop the truck down 2" with custom alcan springs while retaining the H2s but going with a more sensable 35" MT... more than likely toyo/mtz/trail grappler, pretty much whichever i can find cheaper

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
badass, im all tied up for a few months though, gotta regear my 14 as these free used gears are no more good, gotta build and put out deer stands and do a buncha work on the duck camp

Alright I'll drop it off, then I'll borrow the seal and build and put out your deer stands for ya.

Last edited:

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea im not a fan of the BFGs... but they came with the rims which i got for a good price and i wanted to see how 37s fit... the answer is they fit awesome but the truck is getting not necessarily TOO tall, but its taller than i envisioned and what is really sensible to tow with. the truck has plenty of power to DD the 37s but as where the 35s were super easy to steer, the 37s are considerably harder to steer. so much as to the point where i wouldnt continue this setup without hydro assist and i dont think assist is in my near future... future plans are more than likely to drop the truck down 2" with custom alcan springs while retaining the H2s but going with a more sensable 35" MT... more than likely toyo/mtz/trail grappler, pretty much whichever i can find cheaper

well since you got a good deal on them i cant blame ya to much

but ya even my 36" TSL's make it hard to steer my truck at slow speeds and when not moving...i would love to find some 35s to dd on but i dont have the cash to go buy new tires yet