Project crew cab conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98crewcab

Reaction score
to get you going on your ipad part....lol

You must be registered for see images attach

molded the cup holder, will place actuator switch in the "grip" part of it. ipad frame done, just waiting on urethane to finish molding dash to it. making hinges now......if you are still interested in doing the ipad in your OBS, pm me for more fabrication pics.

z71zr1

Reaction score
molded the cup holder, will place actuator switch in the "grip" part of it. ipad frame done, just waiting on urethane to finish molding dash to it. making hinges now......if you are still interested in doing the ipad in your OBS, pm me for more fabrication pics.

yes, please more pics

98crewcab

Reaction score
soooo, the frame for the IPad, was just layered fiberglass on the back (protected with aluminum foil)

and used plastic weld epoxy to adhere the dock to the fiberglass

just some 1/4" mdf i had lying around. cut 3/4"strips and made the frame

epoxy used to attach frame to dock and fiberglass in a few spots to hold in place for more glass. it is cut short due to the bowl shape of the back of the IPad.

now slid the IPad up to finish arc on the back, consistant with the middle.....then fiberglassed the rest to the frame

a little filler on the inside to smooth over where the wrinkles in the aluminum foil was

98crewcab

Reaction score
painted flat black inside, and 3M adhesive to adhere the black crushed velvet wrapped over the top edge as well

cut out a face frame, 1/4" outside the "screen" of the IPad

test fit, frame works, need to round over corners and trim dash bezel

glued the face to the frame

and the console i made a while ago......but didnt originally go to the dash

added the "little extra" lol, to the front

98crewcab

Reaction score
to house the deck and ac controls

framed out the deck to match ac frame (which I cut out of the dash)

first just filled in with some bondo. wanted sharper lines

then decided to clean it up with some fiberglass, loose the edges all together

soldered 19 wires (38 connections) for the ac controls, and 12 wires (24 connections) for the deck to stretch 30".

now just need to wrap it is some vinyl I picked up last week and finish the urethane, hinges, and hook-ups on the dash

think the only thing that would be better is a mac mini, but i think a grand for this IPad was enough. the mac mini was getting expensive with all the components. AND I still have full internet as well.

was a really easy upgrade. hated searching for my jams on the alpine from my IPod. now this is as close to my ITunes as I could get as far as touch screen and being able to search for music MUCH faster. also my daughter loves watching videos and listening to them through the stereo:)

need any help shoot me a pm:) and thanks for letting me share on your thread:)

Last edited:

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well I will have an update shortly, I got my computer and tune ordered, also got my Nelson e-fan harness ordered, and picked up some nice 05 chevy truck factory electric fan's that fit radiator's with the 34in. core. I am going to modify my core support and build a custom stainless top plate to connect the new fan's to the core support, and make it look nice, I am going to cut out the spring pad off the top of the core support and plate it in, and smooth it out so that my new stainless top plate won't have to have a notch to fit around it. I have one more order to place with Texas Speed and I will have the truck running again.