Project: BootyFab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silver98z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I highly doubt your rear hangers are in the right spot to run 52s with any sort of front hanger. The wheelbase would probably be stretched a retarded amount and the steering would cause problems.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
looks awesome, great work.

what did or are you going to do with the lift you took off of it for ifs?

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
I think it could work with a retarded shackle and stock springs. But I have been thinking about just boxing the frame and moving the rear hangers back and then building custom from hangers to make it work. I think I have gotten myself into a money pit after doing this SAS.

silver98z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, I dont think the money will ever stop flowing into the truck now.

If you plated the frame and moved the ORU hanger back enough I dont see why it wouldn't work. You autta see if you can't spin the front hangers around 180% and left to right; it they will bolt up it might give you a nice wheelbase.

silver98z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In preperation for a ride Thanksgiving weekend, I figured I'd start now and get some good things accomplished. Thursday I made some new lower shock mounts on my front because the first version was too low for me to utalize the bumpstops on the BBCSs. Knowing my front shaft was not going to have enough slip to be comfortable I pressed on regardless. When I lifted the front of the truck with the forklift, to put the shocks in, the front shaft (as I anticipated) came apart. Then I got in my head I'd need a longer shaft so I could be comfortable with getting the driver tire at full droop, either a longer slip shaft or some limit straps.

Friday I swapped my non-correctly machined passenger flattop for a correct one. I alotted all weekend to do this because I figured the steering arm would fight me the entire way (the whole tapered cone washer thing). Not so much. It took me three hours to complete, from start to finish.

On my list to get done before Thanksgiving are:
hydro assist
shackle flip in rear
move rear shocks
sliders
possibly make new front shaft (see pictures following)

Then today I wanted to see if I could get it twisted enough for the shaft to come apart. With the passenger at full bump and the driver at full droop, the driveshaft stayed together. :think: Now I need some opinions. But first some figures; spline on shaft= 3", at static ride height exposed spline= 1/2", at driver full droop/passenger full bump exposed spline= 1 1/4". Should I let it ride for the first trip out?

Pictorals:
You must be registered for see images attach