Pre-Trip Maintenance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Go to your local autozone and buy a 1/2" drive Duralast torque wrench... it cost me $30 or $40. We used or neighbors since we moved in 13 years ago and it's the same one.

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The torque is the last on my last of things to get. I need to get a jack, jack stands, and grease gun first.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
the summit is cheaper but the autozone isn't much more expensive and is more convenient

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well it was made to sound like an in-lb torque has very little uses since most things require ft-lbs, that's all.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Well it was made to sound like an in-lb torque has very little uses since most things require ft-lbs, that's all.

Depends on range. If you have an inch/lbs. that stops at 120 that will get you 10 ft./lbs. meaning you can't do a while lot. But some vehicle parts do have torque specs set in inch/lbs so they aren't useless. But for the weekend warrior oil changing basic maintenance guy it's not necessary to have one.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Depends on range. If you have an inch/lbs. that stops at 120 that will get you 10 ft./lbs. meaning you can't do a while lot. But some vehicle parts do have torque specs set in inch/lbs so they aren't useless. But for the weekend warrior oil changing basic maintenance guy it's not necessary to have one.

Yep and if it is in inch-lbs, just convert it to ft-lbs, torque to spec and carry on.
Might go pick up a cheapy beam style.. hard to pull the trigger on a wrench that isn't going to do it ALL.
Haven't found one that goes from 0-350~.. What's the torque specs on lug nuts anyhow? (I don't torque these to spec, whatever the impact does, it stays lol)

Guess i'll end up picking up a 0-75 or 0-150 beam style and a 30-300/30-350 click style to cover my bases.. Not going to be bothered with spending $500 on a real fancy one