Pre-Trip Maintenance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I run full synthetic in everything from my truck down to my lawn mower and generator. Have convinced my parents to switch and many others. I love it.

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, my lady just got a promotion at work, so that's going to be a bit of weight off my paychecks. So, with any luck, working on the truck wont be such a big money deal.

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Back to the matter at hand. Now, since the consensus seems to be that synthetic is just fine to run, would it be wise to just out right convert everything to synthetic? As in use synthetic for the rear diff and the suspension (since I already have conventional motor oil)? Also, will just any old grease gun work? Or is it a matter of you get what you pay for?

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Back to the matter at hand. Now, since the consensus seems to be that synthetic is just fine to run, would it be wise to just out right convert everything to synthetic? As in use synthetic for the rear diff and the suspension (since I already have conventional motor oil)? Also, will just any old grease gun work? Or is it a matter of you get what you pay for?

I think the grease gun in one of those things where they just work no matter if you pay $50 or $5....that's my opinion

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I use my dad's and it's old and covered in grease with no stickers or anything. Sorry.