Pre-Trip Maintenance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Factory under-hood storage boxes. Perfect for this!

I saw a couple of those the last time I was at the parts yard. Couldnt figure out how to get it out. Then again, I plan to use that space for a second battery in the future.

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does the gas tank need to be dropped to get to the differential on a Suburban? I havent jacked it up to check clearance, but it looks like I might.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does the gas tank need to be dropped to get to the differential on a Suburban? I havent jacked it up to check clearance, but it looks like I might.

Just jack up the chassis without lifting rear axle should have plenty of room. No need to drop tank

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright, slid under the back end and the verdict is that no, the gas tank does not need to come down.

Now, I do have another question. My local AutoZone carries RP Gear Oil. 75w90 and 75w140. First off, what is the difference? Second, why is the 140 cheaper?

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Alright, slid under the back end and the verdict is that no, the gas tank does not need to come down.

Now, I do have another question. My local AutoZone carries RP Gear Oil. 75w90 and 75w140. First off, what is the difference? Second, why is the 140 cheaper?

Follow the recommended gear oil specs. My 97 takes 80w-90 in both the front and rear axles. Brand doesn't matter as much as weight but synthetic is the :waytogo: