Post your other projects

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

logikfive

Reaction score
I've been devoting most of my free cash towards my '78 Trans Am, as has been a pretty much stock Oldsmobile 455 powered car since '02 that has ran a best of 13.2 with me driving in the 1/4 mile, but that's slow as balls IMO. Putting together a better motor combo for it now, a built Pontiac 455 backed by a TH400.

You must be registered for see images attach

My other big project is my '69 Road Runner 440/4-speed car. Needs a full exterior restoration, interior was redone in '91 and still looks amazing. Planning a pro-touring setup with it.

Just2Sweet

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My '92 Camaro RS hardtop, stock TBI 305/automatic, 213k miles. I've owned it over 6 years and haven't started messing with it yet, all I've done is drive it. One day it will get a complete overhaul.

My '91 S10 longbed, has a 4.3 and 5-speed. The motor has a rod knocking, and I have a TBI 350 waiting to go in. The truck has a ton of rust issues but it'll get fixed up eventually...

How it looked when I got it...

zraffz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1995 Trans Am
On 10 year old 8" wide tires it went low 15's with a 2.6 60' and making me shift from 1st to 4th (thanks to the skipshift). Should be capable of going mid 12's on a good set of tires once I bypass the skipshift bullcrap.

You must be registered for see images

Off the road for now. I want to yank the motor and send it out to the machine shop and let them assemble the short block while they have it. Plans are a forged Ohio Crankshaft bottom end/Compstar pistons, have it poked and stroked, ported/revalved heads, custom grind cam in the area of 224/230 with a very tight lobe seperation and run a smaller pulley (around 10-11 PSI). It will come off the dyno putting down 550+ RWHP or else it will get more air shoved into it.

TTZ06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
03 TT Z06
1169 RWHP daily driver

eck95z71

Hightech Redneck
Reaction score
85 Burb 2wd/4wd conversion

Newest toy picked up yesterday..88 Sportster

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Some of my more recent projects. Not my vehicles, but with what I do, I don't care who owns 'em, they will always be my projects.
The first is a '56 F100. And yea, "it's got a ...."
The seat is the original. It used to look like it was out of a school bus.
The headliner is from scratch.

This is a convertible top, on a factory original 4 speed Hemi Callenger, that I installed. Glass rear window.

Wanna see more? I have lots of pix of other's Ive done.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score

Dad's '52 Chevy Belair 2 door hard top. He bought it brand new, when he was 18. I grew up in this car. Used to be his winter beater in the '60's & the '70's. Was painted once over the years. The door panels had a hack-job recovery somewhere in that time. From the mid '70's on, it was relegated to only occasional use, due to the fact that it had become a 'Fred Flinstone' mobile. NO floors left.
So, in the late '90's, Dad decided to restore it. That was supposed to take 2, maybe 3 years. Took 7. One 'bodyman' had the car for a year. Dad had given him $2500.00 to get him going. In that year, all the guy did was take out the windshield, & remove the front bumper. He had crawled inside a bottle. On to the next 'bodyman'. He was supposed to replace the body mounts & floors first. His idea for 'new' body mounts, was to wrap the old rusty ones in tin, then brush some under coating over them. On to the next 'bodyman'. This guy, finally, was the right one. He did it right. But because he was only working on it at night, & weekends, it took a while. During this time, the whole drivetrain was rebuilt.
After the third bodyman finished, it had been almost 6 years. But he had only done the body & paint. It was up to Dad & myself to finish the re-assembly. I also had to do the interior. It's not a kit. Leather & original fabric. Took a while to find the 'right' fabric, & when I did, it was $185.00/yard!
Mom's health wasn't too good during this time of working on the car, so the final assembly took another year.
Dad doesn't build show cars. He likes 'em as drivers. Never to be 'judged'. That was his mantra during all this. "It's just a driver". My view was, "Dad? How many times are we going to restore this car? Let's do it right. Let's do it once!"
The final resut? This car was voted 'The BEST NEWLY RESTORED CAR IN CANADA' in 2010. By the member's of the Vintage Car Club of Canada. Totally unexpected. Plaques, trophies, & magazine write ups. I drive it all the time.

Headliner from scratch. Dad had taken the old one out years ago. Got tired of wearing it.

zraffz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
03 TT Z06
1169 RWHP daily driver

:jawdrop:
You're only making twice the power I ever plan to expect from my T/A lol...

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Custom bike seat for a couple of guys, called 'Black Choppers'. They build about 8 bikes a year. $150,000 (+) each.

Hand-made fiberglass seat pan.

Shaping the foam.

The design was taken from the shape of the rear fender.

Ostrich & Python.

Finished bike. Best paint. Best custom. @ it's first show.