Post your lifted 2wd's!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Cool 1996 chevy silverado C2500 suspension lift.
Hi New to this forum from manchester england.Posted this thread the other day but probably put it in the wrong place thanks to the people who replied and the welcomes.could anybody tell me if they have lifted a 1996 Chevy c2500hd extended cab diesel 2 WD on 8lug hubs to fit hummer H2 17 inch wheels with 315/70/17 BF Goodrich tires if so what suspension lift kits are available and were can they be purchased thanks for any information. GOD BLESS AMERICA. Geof

You must be registered for see images attach

This truck has 4.5" fabtech spindles.

goobs

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
^^^^ yeah, fabtech spindles and 2" blocks. i had to grind a lil off the knuckles to clear the tires. if you run a .25" wheel spacer they clear.
no trimming of any metal or anything.

here they are on my burb stock height. the tires rubbed on the frame and swaybar at full lock.
You must be registered for see images

Geoff Brown

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Goobs the next question is we're can I get hold of these do fabtech still make them or do you know any body that maybe selling some any information is much appreciated thanks again Geoff

goobs

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Goobs the next question is we're can I get hold of these do fabtech still make them or do you know any body that maybe selling some any information is much appreciated thanks again Geoff

they arent listed on fabtech's website but i believe they still make them. best bet is google search. and if you find a place that says they have them, call and make sure.
when i bought mine, fabtech told me i got the last set and they were quitting production. but 4yrs later they made another run and put them back on their website, now they are gone again.

fabtech p# fts1588-7 is just for the spindle kit, not including shocks and rear stuff.

Charlie

Reaction score
Are there any cons to 2" wheel spacers? my front tires stick out a little past the fenders but the rear don't. I would like the back to stick out the same distance as the front.

goobs

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are there any cons to 2" wheel spacers? my front tires stick out a little past the fenders but the rear don't. I would like the back to stick out the same distance as the front.

nope just make sure you get STEEL not aluminum spacers. they cost way more but are a million times safer

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's definatly firm! I will admit, I didn't expect it to be THAT much firmer with the new coils, but it does ride firm. My shocks before were shot so maybe that threw me off for the comparison. Either way, I'm very happy with how the truck turned out.

Has the ride softened up any yet?

Green15

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has the ride softened up any yet?
I would say that it's less less factor of the ride getting softer and more that I am getting used to the new ride quality.

Overall, I am very happy with the new setup.