Post your lifted 2wd's!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Lifting any vehicle and adding tires that large actually hurts the towing capacity, just something to consider. It's a physics problem.

Thanks for the replies. Still don't quite get it, but I don't have to, to each their own.
Truck maxes out at what 7k? Horses weigh 1200 lbs each. This was my last truck before it was totaled, sometimes you don’t need a reason, just want to do something different. Why do some people drink lattes and ugg boots, I don’t get it but to each their own you know. I used 4wd twice in 3 years
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RedLeader289

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice taco, those trucks are pretty darn reliable (plus I love that you can still get 'em in a stick).

I think I touched a nerve, didn't mean to, just didn't know if there was a functional reason for the lifting of 2wd's. Seems the consensus is "cuz I want to". Again, to each their own.

I think lifting 4wd's is overrated in full-size trucks, been there, done that, ya know? For every 'bro truck' on 35's there's a little suzuki samurai with A/Ts that'll run circles around it at a mud run. lol

dcp1992

Instagram - @dcp1992
Reaction score
I think lifting 4wd's is overrated in full-size trucks, been there, done that, ya know? For every 'bro truck' on 35's there's a little suzuki samurai with A/Ts that'll run circles around it at a mud run. lol

There is a little truth to this. While my 2wd is lifted and will soon be SAS and 4wd converted I'm not going to use it unless I have to. I have two Jeep Cherokee's (XJ's) and they will out wheel pretty much any truck, small, nimble, and light. But that's also what I built them to do.

Reaction score
Nice taco, those trucks are pretty darn reliable (plus I love that you can still get 'em in a stick).

I think I touched a nerve, didn't mean to, just didn't know if there was a functional reason for the lifting of 2wd's. Seems the consensus is "cuz I want to". Again, to each their own.

Nah you’re good lol no hard feelings this is my first 2wd in a while. Don’t miss the $400+ monthly payment. Still mad at the guy who tboned me but you’re right. It would be smarter in a lot of cases to just get 4wd. Don’t need much down here in FL to get through what we have

John B

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Funny thing is, my buddy's 1997 Suzuki sidekick does just this in Baja CA. It will go more places than my truck with its tiny engine and 4L.....BUT, he can't tow the the 26' SkipJack boat he has that's on a triple axle trailer out of the bay in San Diego. When he needs to take it out of the slip to do service, guess who he calls...

It's all about what suites your own needs right? When I inherited the truck, it already had the lift, and actually really dig it. It make the truck live up to its full potential as a CCLB. The tires are there for extra traction for the ramp with the locking diff. Shoot, last year I only put 1K miles on it. I'll try to snap a pick when I' taking the big skippy out. Never needed the 4wd over here.
You must be registered for see images attach

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
The only reason you touched a nerve (with me anyways) is because "why lift a 2wd" usually comes with the "2wds are useless" mindset. It ****** me off. And if you look through this whole thread, you'll probably see this same question asked 5 times. It makes no sense to me. A truck is a truck. 2wds have a higher tow capacity/payload rating, tend get better mpg, have fewer wear/service items, etc... Many, many pluses to owning a 2wd. I tend to prefer lifted trucks to lowered. I now, having matured a little from my highschool days, prefer a stock truck to lifted or lowered.

You do have a point with the "wrong truck" remark. If I had actually bought my truck, I would have looked for a 4wd 2500. My grandpa ordered this truck brand new and I inherited it in 2012 when he passed away. So no, I never really wanted a 2wd, but after owning one, I realized I will probably never have a need for 4wd. Does that mean I'll never buy one? Absolutely not. My next truck will more than likely be a 4wd (2005-2007 powerstroke). I never expect to use the 4wd though lol.

It's fine with me that you don't get it. I personally don't see what's not to get but, like you said, to each their own. I'm really not an ass like I'm probably coming off lol.

RedLeader289

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
S'all good. Glad we're all back on good terms, I truly wasn't trying to be a jerk haha.

Y'alls Trucks look good btw. Yeah if I was getting a dedicated tow rig it'd be 2WD. 4WD's are just so darn heavy, I always preferred 2wd quads too.

Man, don't get me started on XJ's, love those things. I'm actually convinced that Jeep stopped making the 4.0 liter inline 6 because they ran too long and it cut into their new car sales lol. My last one was pushing 265,000 and still running strong.

rolla711

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So question is it safe to run the 4" spindle with 2 in coils up front? Or will the front suspension have issues?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
What longer coils would be used for this? And still having trouble finding any kind of adjustable UCAs