Post your lifted 2wd's!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
yeah you could do 4" spindle + 3" body + 3" coil spacer (will need aftermarket UCAs if you go bigger than 2") and whatever combination of parts (blocks, aal, bigger leaf pack, lift springs, etc...) to get the rear lift you want.
You must be registered for see images attach

4+3+3"

Reaction score
yeah you could do 4" spindle + 3" body + 3" coil spacer (will need aftermarket UCAs if you go bigger than 2") and whatever combination of parts (blocks, aal, bigger leaf pack, lift springs, etc...) to get the rear lift you want.
You must be registered for see images attach

4+3+3"
Great, and as far as steering alignment and all that will you need any kind of drop arm or anything? Rear driveshaft will be fine?

Want this to be my road toy and hay hauler as I’ll most likely get an older K10 for mud or trail days

RedLeader289

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mmk, so, I've flipped through this thread and I have an honest question. Why is lifting a 2wd truck desirable? I mean, besides the "just because I can" aspect. For all the effort it takes to install everything and the amount of parts involved couldn't you just grab a 4wd drivetrain?

Buying 4 mud tires when you only need 2 has to add up at some point too, right?

Daly

The great white Canadian
Reaction score
Mmk, so, I've flipped through this thread and I have an honest question. Why is lifting a 2wd truck desirable? Why shouldn't it be? Not everyone is mudding their truck, some of us just need the ground clearance and like to sit higher in traffic. I mean, besides the "just because I can" aspect. For all the effort it takes to install everything and the amount of parts involved couldn't you just grab a 4wd drivetrain? What effort? Installing lift spindles is as easy as replacing a ball joint or brakes. Making a 2wd, 4wd, is a hell of a lot more involved. Even if you are just body swapping.

Buying 4 mud tires when you only need 2 has to add up at some point too, right? You still need to steer, and if you are mudding street tires are just going to loose traction and push straight.

dcp1992

Instagram - @dcp1992
Reaction score
Mmk, so, I've flipped through this thread and I have an honest question. Why is lifting a 2wd truck desirable? I mean, besides the "just because I can" aspect. For all the effort it takes to install everything and the amount of parts involved couldn't you just grab a 4wd drivetrain?

Buying 4 mud tires when you only need 2 has to add up at some point too, right?

Everyone has there preference. Also, you can't just "buy the 4wd components" (like you can on Jeeps of this vintage). You would need the whole front frame section with components.

Also, some people don't like driving "stock" vehicles that look like everyone else driving on the road and want to stand out. Lots if people lower 2wds, why not lift it to be different than most.

In my case I was going for a certain look. I wanted my truck to look like the newer HD trucks which usually sit higher then the standard counterparts and usually have 33's. Main reason was this is my tow rig and I wanted the HD look. Also I knew I was going to SAS at some point in the future and convert to 4wd so if I needed it towing I could have it. My SAS is in the gathering parts phase and hope to have it done Q1 of next year.

And, if we get down to it, lowering would be about the same price. I just recently got a Sonoma for a gas saver and I'm lowering 2/2 with 18s. It will be close to what I put in my basic lift when all is said and done.

Reaction score
I’ve always had 4wd, I live in FL and this is my farm truck for the weekends and evenings, when not in company truck. I can’t stand sitting low to the ground in a truck, it’s a pain to work on. Figure 7 inch lift on 35s and a mild 350 build, can pull my boat, my horse trailer and whatever else and then later can get a K10 for play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RedLeader289

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Figure 7 inch lift on 35s and a mild 350 build, can pull my boat, my horse trailer and whatever else and then later can get a K10 for play

Lifting any vehicle and adding tires that large actually hurts the towing capacity, just something to consider. It's a physics problem.

Thanks for the replies. Still don't quite get it, but I don't have to, to each their own.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why do people lower 4wd trucks? It's your own vehicle, do with it whatever you want. I bought my truck lifted and its 2wd, I wouldn't want it lowered or stock because I can't stand getting into an out of a lower vehicle, an even though it's 2wd I did more then most people with 4wd

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
L.O.L. I can't believe that is actually a question. Why lift a 2wd? How about, why lift a 4wd? What's the point of any of it right? All you're doing is decreasing its ability to tow, decreasing the ease of access to the bed, etc. For what? So you can take your big bad 4wd through 3 feet of thick mud and have to get pulled out? Then continue to brag about how capable your lifted 4wd is? My truck lifted is no less capable of doing truck things (towing, daily driving, the occasional off the beaten path adventure) than a 4wd counterpart under my possession. I would never take any truck I paid for through anything that I think would need 4wd anyways. I don't mud my truck for fun...anymore. When I did, I never once needed 4wd. Not once. 2wd serves every need I have. The only thing 4wd has over a 2wd is I typically like the way 4wds sit.

Its a truck. Lift it, lower it, keep it stock. Its all acceptable.