Post your lifted 2wd's!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
No problem. My rear setup is a custom leaf pack I built, but I built it for towing so it's a little rough without a trailer. I used the stock leaf pack combined with a 2000 G3500 (cargo van) leaf pack. Then the 2" block that came with the Rough Country spindle lift. Netted me about 5.5 to 6 inches in the back.

Now yours being a truck, you can just get a 2500 leaf pack and net about 1"-2" or so plus the block. Mine being the "small" SUV, the truck/Suburban leafs are too long by about 2-4 inches. So that's why I made my own.

Here's the leaf pack. The overload leaf I changed to the G3500 overload.
You must be registered for see images attach

Here's the leaf pack and the block.
You must be registered for see images attach

I will say the leaf pack is doing it's job. I can load down a 16' trailer with one of my Jeeps and it barely squats. While by buddy's 95 z71 (with 2500 leaf packs) squats a couple inches with his Jeep.
Monstrous lol looks good, so you’d say 2500 Springs plus a 2 inch block would be 4 inch? Then maybe an AAL? I’ll be pulling a boat, maybe a project, couple horses (different times)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dcp1992

Instagram - @dcp1992
Reaction score
Damn, think you got enough springs there? What made you go spring route over air?

Air ride or just helper airbags? Either way, I wanted more capacity so the rear didn't sag so much while towing (NOT to up towing capacity), and also lift the rear up at the same time without a huge block. I hate blocks to be honest and would rather have it all in the springs. Maybe it comes from my Jeep side and all the problems blocks can cause offroad.

When I do my SAS I'm most likely getting a custom leaf pack made that's for lift but also towing so there won't be that many leafs. But it has held up over 2 years with no problem, and this is not the most leafs I've seen in leaf packs. Seens a lot of 3500's with more leafs then this.

Monstrous lol looks good, so you’d say 2500 Springs plus a 2 inch block would be 4 inch? Then maybe an AAL? I’ll be pulling a boat, maybe a project, couple horses (different times)

Yeah, sounds about right, roughly 4" plus whatever the add-a-leaf gives. I would start off with just the 2500 leafs and block and then see where that puts you. You can always do the add-a-leaf if it's not high enough or if it sags a little more than you like.

Reaction score
Air ride or just helper airbags? Either way, I wanted more capacity so the rear didn't sag so much while towing (NOT to up towing capacity), and also lift the rear up at the same time without a huge block. I hate blocks to be honest and would rather have it all in the springs. Maybe it comes from my Jeep side and all the problems blocks can cause offroad.

When I do my SAS I'm most likely getting a custom leaf pack made that's for lift but also towing so there won't be that many leafs. But it has held up over 2 years with no problem, and this is not the most leafs I've seen in leaf packs. Seens a lot of 3500's with more leafs then this.

Yeah, sounds about right, roughly 4" plus whatever the add-a-leaf gives. I would start off with just the 2500 leafs and block and then see where that puts you. You can always do the add-a-leaf if it's not high enough or if it sags a little more than you like.
Good idea, appreciate it brother

dcp1992

Instagram - @dcp1992
Reaction score
Yes and no. Yes, you could put it in the back but it's a FF14 bolt so it's 8 lug and there is no way to make a 5 lug into an 8 lug. You can do 6 lug but not 8. I looked into trying to get 8 lug in the front but it's not possible without custom work (upper and or lower arms and or finding specific bearings to make the 5/6 lug spindles fir the 8 lug rotor... Then brake caliper issues arise).

Or SAS, like I'm doing. But that's a whole other topic with it's own challenges.

Reaction score
Yes and no. Yes, you could put it in the back but it's a FF14 bolt so it's 8 lug and there is no way to make a 5 lug into an 8 lug. You can do 6 lug but not 8. I looked into trying to get 8 lug in the front but it's not possible without custom work (upper and or lower arms and or finding specific bearings to make the 5/6 lug spindles fir the 8 lug rotor... Then brake caliper issues arise).

Or SAS, like I'm doing.
I’m thinking disc conversion and new u joint then wheels and tires and leafs then block right?

dcp1992

Instagram - @dcp1992
Reaction score
^^^ That... Unless you spend a lot of money and convert the FF14 bolt to 6 lug. But be ready to spend some money doing it.

Kits about $530 but you still need disc, calipers, brake lines, wheels studs... So yeah. Oh and the axle has to be a 92 or older 14 bolt.