Post your lifted 2wd's!

Discussion in 'Stock Suspension + Bolt On Kits' started by oohunter04oo, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Felony

Felony Newbie

[​IMG]

Got the bumper back on today. Trimmed the valence, but sadly it is still rubbing the bumper a little on the drivers side. Not sure how with 7" of lift.

92silverado1500 likes this.
  2. 95-c1500-350

95-c1500-350 Newbie

Control arm bushings maybe bad ? Or even bent some ? I got 35s on mine with only a 4 inch spindle lift in front and i dont rub. Did half to take my saw zaw to my bumber though. Didnt half to cut much and is hardly noticeable

Felony and 92silverado1500 like this.
  3. 92silverado1500

92silverado1500 OBS Enthusiast

Do you have a picture of the bumper after you cut it?

Felony likes this.
  4. Felony

Felony Newbie

Just cut the bumper tonight. However instead of trimming it, what I did was cut a little upside down V shape right behind the first bolt that attaches the valence to the bumper, and bent in the part that was rubbing so the bumper now appears uncut. My buddy came up with the idea and it looks awesome. Just got done with it today, so ill try to get some good pics of the truck up this week.

Also, yes the control arm bushings look toasted. I just replaced the upper and lower ball joints with moog parts, and I have every other moog part for the front end except the control arm bushings. Just waiting to install them when I have some time.

92silverado1500 likes this.
  5. Carolina_'99Hoe

Carolina_'99Hoe OBS Enthusiast

Those control arm bushings are a pain, but worth it, Fixed my mushy front end an scrubbing while turning at speed. I recommend the energy suspension poly bushing kit, and a weekend dedicated!