Post your lifted 2wd's!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daly

The great white Canadian
Reaction score
Look up Canuck Motorsports, that's where I got my Spindles and they have UCA's as well.

dcp1992

Instagram - @dcp1992
Reaction score
Look up Canuck Motorsports, that's where I got my Spindles and they have UCA's as well.

Unless things have changed, they no longer carry the UCA's. I ordered some over a year ago and they had to refund me because they were no longer manufactured. Same thing with the place I ended getting mine from (Crown Suspensions), discontinued also.

The ONLY place I know of they still sell them is Airbagit, but I also don't know of anyone who has tried to order any since I found them months ago.

@Bozz There should be no reason to need anything to align the front end with just the spindles. My guess is the stock replacement coil springs are the HD replacement springs and it's giving the front end more height than stock.

Even with that, if you have ball joint spacers it should be able to be aligned with that extra amount. No reason why it should not.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Someone has probably posted about this but I figure I'll ask before I read every page. Has anyone found a better/stronger steering set up (tie rods/pitman arm/idler arms/etc)?

Hey just fyi I was looking at the supersteer idler arm bracket and they will fit the 2wd as well. Other then that everything else is moog. Pic is the upgraded idler arm bracket. Note how thick the damn thing is, no doubt that ill run the truck into the ground before that thing breaks.

You must be registered for see images attach

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No, Garrett, it didn't.

I asked abt the control arms because most lifts I've seen come with new upper and u had mentioned a shop telling you that you needed new ones that were longer. I'm unaware if new ones are any longer.

dcp1992

Instagram - @dcp1992
Reaction score
I asked abt the control arms because most lifts I've seen come with new upper and u had mentioned a shop telling you that you needed new ones that were longer. I'm unaware if new ones are any longer.

This is a 2wd through. Meaning it only has spindles, which are designed to work with factory upper lower control arms. Like I already said, if he only has spindles on the front, there should be no need for longer control arms.

That is, if the frame is straight, control arm mounts are straight, and even the casting if the spindle is good. Could have a bad set. Lot's of different thing to take into consideration.

We need pictures. It will help out a lot in this situation.

Bozz

Reaction score
This is a 2wd through. Meaning it only has spindles, which are designed to work with factory upper lower control arms. Like I already said, if he only has spindles on the front, there should be no need for longer control arms.

That is, if the frame is straight, control arm mounts are straight, and even the casting if the spindle is good. Could have a bad set. Lot's of different thing to take into consideration.

We need pictures. It will help out a lot in this situation.

Ding, Ding...we may have a winner. DCP, I opted for the HD 1/2 ton coils from LMC...not the Super Duty's, not the Standard. Here: http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/csd/full.aspx?Page=89.
This is my tow pig and the fam's run to the beach bus and I figured I'd kill 1 bird with 2 stones and go with the "mid" option. But just by looking and comparing coils side by side, there isn't a lot of visible difference. But there's spring rate, etc so maybe I wasn't so smart. I felt like it rode pretty good with them.

This would be a helluva thing to do the coils over again. I gotta figure another way.

Bozz

Reaction score
When Rough Country tells me their 7546 UCA's only work with 6 lug trucks...can I take that as gospel or might they work with my 5 lug 99 Suburban?

I was told once the only stupid ? was the one not asked.

Jay Jay

Reaction score
Can someone running a rough country 2" coil lift post some pictures of the front coils and front suspension? I'm having some alignment and noise issues, after looking at my front coils i think i may have installed the driver's side one the upside down. I received no instructions with this kit and rough country apparently no longer has the down-loadable pdf on their website. I was told to install the more leveled side of the spring in to the coil bucket so that's what i did, I'm also getting a loud bang when i drive through dips or hit a pot hole and rough country wasn't very much help at all and I'm trying to avoid pulling both springs out again if possible. I'm almost to the point where i think i may just install the old coils back in along with some daystar coil spacers. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Jay Jay

Reaction score
Can someone running a rough country 2" coil lift post some pictures of the front coils and front suspension? I'm having some alignment and noise issues, after looking at my front coils i think i may have installed the driver's side one the upside down. I received no instructions with this kit and rough country apparently no longer has the down-loadable pdf on their website. I was told to install the more leveled side of the spring in to the coil bucket so that's what i did, I'm also getting a loud bang when i drive through dips or hit a pot hole and rough country wasn't very much help at all and I'm trying to avoid pulling both springs out again if possible. I'm almost to the point where i think i may just install the old coils back in along with some daystar coil spacers. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.
Okay so no one replied to this post just thought I'd get back with an update in case anyone else runs in to this. After putting it off for weeks i finally decided i just need to dive in to it and get it done. I removed the driver's side coil and to my surprise found that it was put in correctly, I thought it looked off and rough country seemed to think so too. They told me the tighter wind should be to the top not the bottom but didn't tell me the bottom of the spring is shaved on the last coil (the part of the coil the seats in to the groove of the lower control arm) so its not perfectly round like the top coil. I know it seems that you should be able too just look at it and figure it out, only thing is that one spring was gapped on both ends so it was difficult to tell which end was the bottom or the top. Thats where i should have looked for the shaved end but i was in a hurry and just chose the wider gap for the bottom and that just happened to be the top of the coil spring. I accept that it was my fault but also RC needs to do a little better quality control, i almost called for an exchange but i didn't want to wait on another to be mailed. So this is the same side which the alignment shop had trouble with. I'm not saying the cause of that is due to the coil because i F****ED up and didn't torque the nut holding the rotor on enough so there was play in the wheel bearings and that was cause of the loud thud over bumps. Needless to say i have to redo the bearings tomorrow cause they're old and damaged now. I'll also be checking the idler arm and assembly as well as the pitman arm for any play. If you have an old truck like this chances are you will be redoing the WHOLE front end when installing a lift if you want to get it aligned properly. I'll post some pictures soon.