Polyethylene/plastic fuel tank any good?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tech-GeeK1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm currently in the process of repainting and overhauling a lot of my truck this summer, took my gas tank out to gain access to the inside of the driver side frame rail for cleaning/paint. I've been wondering, while i have my tank out it wouldn't be much to swap it out for an after market plastic unit along with a new pump/sending unit. Has anyone tried a plastic tank? I know the benefits of it not rusting inside and out would be really nice. I have a short bed 1998 K1500 with the 25 gallon tank. The only difference I've noticed on the after market tanks is that they do not have a secondary hole cut out by the bottom of the filler neck. My factory tank has an extra smaller tube running parallel out of the tank with the filler neck. It connects with the filler neck right under the gas cap. Anyways, here is a link to what I'm looking at. I'd really like to upgrade if it's worth it. My tank has seen some better days. http://www.gastankdepot.com/2025-plastic-fuel-gas-tank-chevy-gm-pickup-25-gallon.html

Thanks for any input ladies and gents!

Tech-GeeK1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The company seems to make replacement tanks for the larger ones as well including the tanks for 8 foot beds.