Passenger door jammed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jsnow36318

Reaction score
As the title says my passenger door latches are jammed with the door stuck shut. How do i open the door without destroying the door panel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lamogo33

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
A little bit more info for clarification. Are you pulling on the handles and they have no resistance, like it is no operating the latch? Or are you not able to pull the handles because they act jammed? Is the door half-opened or completely shut?

jsnow36318

Reaction score
A little bit more info for clarification. Are you pulling on the handles and they have no resistance, like it is no operating the latch? Or are you not able to pull the handles because they act jammed? Is the door half-opened or completely shut?
The door is completely shut and the handles are jammed. Wont move without breaking them off they'll pull back until you feel the tension of the latch mechanism. The locks work fine though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lamogo33

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd imagine the latch closed shut while the door was open and someone then inadvertently shut the door jamming the mechanism. You might try to remove the door panel and get access to one of the door rods. Use the rod rather than the handle and try to open by pushing or pulling on the rod. It will handle more force without breaking. Might take quite a bit of strength. I've even used a piece of flat bar and hammer to open one after somebody jammed it. HTH.