Passenger side door power lock actuator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyz7195

Reaction score
Might be something inside that isn't obvious... that's how it was on my crew cab.
Usually what breaks on these, is the handle you pull to open the door, twists and eventually breaks. Then the door won't open from the inside. I had to replace all four on my Suburban a couple years ago, because this happened.
I see l had happen to me on driverside,still can use the handle to open door from inside on passenger side

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
just did drivers rear and passenger front on our not to long ago handles were not broke but the locks were HWB is spot on on the 95+ handles twisting and breaking off seen it a few times gladly not on ours yet comparing the new ones to the old could really see the difference on how the handles rest when released one of the 2 we replaced was not so straight any more but worked okay would get stuck every now and then so we did it before it broke

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I see l had happen to me on driverside,still can use the handle to open door from inside on passenger side
I could use the handle to get the door open from inside, on the front passenger door. But the lock slider was always floppy, and when the actuator froze, it bound up the link rod and it was impossible to lock the door with the key. Having a big out of town show to do, where the truck would be unattended in several parking lots (with tools, merchandise,etc. in it, I needed to get it figured out and fixed.
Most of the inside handle assembly failures are from the handle twisting. But the slider mechanism can fail too; it did on my truck.