Painted bumpers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Albert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bedliner isn't what I was looking into doing kinda looks weird imo lol I am getting the tan painted the same color of the truck I saw on here a maroon gmt400 lifted that had black bumpers front an rear and grille blacked out here's a pic

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Albert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
To the OP, if you do bedline the bottom, I would suggest getting rid of the side molding. From what I've heard, chrome bumpers take a LOT of prep work to get anything to stick to the surface well, but I've never done it myself. Parts are so cheap and easy to find for these trucks, you could probably get yourself a primered smoothie bumper for the same price you could sell your stock one for.

Of course, if it was me, I'd pull the trim, get a paintable grille and front smoothie, and keep the two tone look going up front. Light teal on the grille and pewter for the bumper, but that's just my opinion. It would obviously cost a little more too.

Side moldings are getting removed can't seem to track down those smooth bumpers there hard to find lol I like your idea with the grill and bumpers ill have to think that over I just don't like the tan its always bothered me not sure why

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
If you are looking at a repaint, you might consider silver on the bottom instead of the pewter, that might look better to you. Depends on if you have grey interior though, won't look so good with tan. lol.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Side moldings are getting removed can't seem to track down those smooth bumpers there hard to find lol I like your idea with the grill and bumpers ill have to think that over I just don't like the tan its always bothered me not sure why
To bad you where not out by me.... I have a smooth bumper just laying next to my porch I ain't gonna use.... right next to my reflection bumper with fog lights that I'll be swapping out from the diesel bumper I have on there now...lol...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Albert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you are looking at a repaint, you might consider silver on the bottom instead of the pewter, that might look better to you. Depends on if you have grey interior though, won't look so good with tan. lol.
Yea I have ugly tan interior lol I wish I had grey interior lol I like the grille painted same color as the truck I can't track down rear bumpers smooth there like $300 I refuse to get bent over lol