Painted bumpers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cplanubis

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hamilton Harford road and cold springs

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk

GMT400Tahoe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
... I can't track down rear bumpers smooth there like $300 I refuse to get bent over lol

FYI, the smooth rear bumper that looks so nice on the Tahoe Z71 and Tahoe Limited is exactly the same as the work truck bumper. So keep an eye out for those, since they are not really seen as anything special.

I bought the rear bumper for my Suburban from a work truck that was getting parted out. Paid $5.00 for it. Prepped and painted it, and now it looks like this:
You must be registered for see images

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Exact same thing I did, just took a little while to find one that was perfect. Most of them have some kind of dings or dents in them. Much better than when people try to paint the stock chrome bumper. I like the way the bumper caps look too, without the impact strip hanging over the side, more painted surface showing.

GM re-used certain parts on these. W/T bumpers were painted for Z71 Tahoes, and the front bumpers of the Z71's and Tahoe Limited trucks were just paintable diesel bumpers with fog buckets and lights.

LS6rally

Reaction score
^ i believe they were technically Sport bumpers, as they dont have the impact strips. someone corrected me on that a while ago. either way i love the way they look!

Albert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
FYI, the smooth rear bumper that looks so nice on the Tahoe Z71 and Tahoe Limited is exactly the same as the work truck bumper. So keep an eye out for those, since they are not really seen as anything special.

I bought the rear bumper for my Suburban from a work truck that was getting parted out. Paid $5.00 for it. Prepped and painted it, and now it looks like this:
You must be registered for see images

Do u have a pic of the front bumper?

Albert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That looks great those impact strips are horrific lol I can't stand looking at mine lol couple more weeks an the truck goes under the knife

Albert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Trying to decide 285s or 265s? Was gonna go with general grabber or bf goodrich What brand should I get need something quiet on the highway not obnoxiously loud lol any input would be great thanks