Painted bumpers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Albert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone have any pictures of 98 gmt400 ext cab green with painted black bumpers an grille? Kind need opinions kinda bored with the truck an need something wake it up a bit thinking about pro comp series 69 black or polished here's a pic of the truck as it sits currently View media item 31283

Albert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also thinking about getting rid if the tan bottom an paint the same color with truck an remove all side moldings to clean it up a bit

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can't view your pic link.

Black bumpers and black wheels should look pretty sweet in my opinion

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would do bed liner over the tan on bottom. Black wheels look pretty good on just about anything

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
To the OP, if you do bedline the bottom, I would suggest getting rid of the side molding. From what I've heard, chrome bumpers take a LOT of prep work to get anything to stick to the surface well, but I've never done it myself. Parts are so cheap and easy to find for these trucks, you could probably get yourself a primered smoothie bumper for the same price you could sell your stock one for.

Of course, if it was me, I'd pull the trim, get a paintable grille and front smoothie, and keep the two tone look going up front. Light teal on the grille and pewter for the bumper, but that's just my opinion. It would obviously cost a little more too.