P1345 code help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bricksack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ive installed a new dizzy. Did the instructions to a T. Still getting the code. P1345 confirmed. I scanned the timibg advance at idke its +24* 1200 rpm its +26* ive tried turbing the dizzy no changes. So i put it back.

Do I need to go get the pcm timed or a shop that can time it with their computer?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Bricksack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyclue the costs on that

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably just an hrs labor. Depends on the shop what that will be. Anywhere from $60 to $120 probably...

The scanner at auto zone can't see the right parameter to set the dizzy. That's why your not seeing a change.

Bricksack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like ill be calling around tomorrow or monday

Bricksack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Reset the timing at the dealer. No change still same issue.

3linkedchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I just had this code I replaced the drive gear on the distributor. I also did the camshaft and crankshaft sensors for piece of mind at the same time.

98gm1500

Reaction score
had this code giving me trouble, my fix was get the scanner on it and keep rpms above 1000 for the proper reading, you're looking for cam retard on the scanner, its supposed to be at 0 degrees plus or minus 2, was able to get mine to 2 degrees and haven't had the code come back, i know you said you had it at the dealer and they reset the timing, not sure if this is what they did or not but it fixed my code so thought i'd mention it anyways, heres a link to a youtube video i found that helped me with the problem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPlYNtNkI9k