Our Ever Revolving Stock of 400's That I Part...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Figured it's time to finally make a thread. Every single one of these trucks are purchased for one reason, to be parted out.

We've got it down to a science now, the trucks usually drive into the shop and are totally stripped of all good parts within 3-4 hours.

The carcasses are junked, precious metals are recycled, good parts are situated on our warehouse racking.

Usually we buy these for parts either myself or my buddy need.

1988 Chevrolet Silverado K1500 RCLB - 350 / 700R4

Problem: Pulled intake rocker stud on #4.

You must be registered for see images attach

1997 GMC Sierra K1500 ECSB - 350 / 4L60E

Problem: 4th gear missing on low mile reman trans.

1997 GMC Yukon K1500 - 350 / 4L60E

Problem: Someone tried their hand at "fixing" the wiring, everything was trashed. Didn't even attempt to start it due to the wire mess.

1996 Chevrolet Cheyenne K1500 ECSB - 305 / 4L60E

Problem: GM Certified trans puked 4th gear.

1997 GMC Sierra C1500 ECSB - 262 / 4L60E

Problem: 4L60E lost 3rd and 4th.

I'll try to keep this thread updated as we tear through more of these trucks.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
You sir, have the hobby I want.

I've always had the idea of wanting to buy/part/fix/sell 400s once I move out and get my own property, Taylor's threads on his trucks gave me the motivation, and seeing this is just driving me to want to do it more!
Nothing too serious, buy 2 or 3 trucks or SUVs, see if any of them are worth fixing and re-selling and just parting the rest. Some of those trucks don't look to rough other than drive-train issues;

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
You sir, have the hobby I want.

I've always had the idea of wanting to buy/part/fix/sell 400s once I move out and get my own property, Taylor's threads on his trucks gave me the motivation, and seeing this is just driving me to want to do it more!
Nothing too serious, buy 2 or 3 trucks or SUVs, see if any of them are worth fixing and re-selling and just parting the rest. Some of those trucks don't look to rough other than drive-train issues;

Honestly, we both started doing this simply because every damn 400 you see in the junkyard has been trashed by some ******* after one part. They'll rip and tear everything to just get one part.

It's also fun tearing these trucks apart.

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am interested in the 88 Chevy headlights and brackets and the wire harness to the firewall if all is in good non broken or cracked condition.

BigKahuna

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
97 EcSB RED GMC grill for sale?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

jw_96

96 K1500
Reaction score
Do you have a website

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
I'm still looking for a set of tan "premium" visors. Also a tan split bench console lid. Do you have them?

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Honestly, we both started doing this simply because every damn 400 you see in the junkyard has been trashed by some ******* after one part. They'll rip and tear everything to just get one part.

It's also fun tearing these trucks apart.

I hear that on destroying parts, I was looking for a cargo lamp switch and someone stole the button.
Just the damn button, not the pigtail or the switch itself.
Another one was a pristine tan dash and tan seats. Came back a week later and someone broke the dash in half trying to get the steering column out, gouged up the seats and took just the seat frames.

The best person to yank parts off a GMT400 is the person who knows how to do it and not f_ck everything else everyone wants in the process.

Last edited:

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
A friend of mine has some property in this boonies town, and he is going to move out there probably within the next year, and the plan for the back 40 is a junkyard. He is a squarebody fanatic so he'll have a few of those out there, and I know where some gmt400s are rotting away so I'll haul those to this future junkyard. All I need at this point is to build or buy a flatbed trailer to haul them!