Our Ever Revolving Stock of 400's That I Part...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
That's something my son and I have been talking about doing. Buying old trucks, either parting them out or fixing and flipping them. With him being a body guy and me a mechanic, we could probably fix almost anything.

By the way, if you come across any blue GMC base model door arm rests in decent shape. Hit me up! My driver side is nearly destroyed and the passenger one is getting pretty bad too. Thanks

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
sweet hobby, I'm jealous

I hear ya on the j/y idiots.

two Saturdays ago I spent open to close (9-2) @ the j/y in the rain stripping a base model '84 firebird of everything that was still good whether or not I or my buddy needed it. that included pulling the junk front bumper cover to get @ the optional aluminum rebar (9lbs. savings or the steel unit) & bagging the removed hardware to have as spares. in case your wondering why the extra effort, the 82-84 models have several parts that are specific to that year set & they don't ever show up near me. even newer years don't really show up. when they do, they are usually trashed.

I went back this past Saturday to look for some gmt400 parts this time & stopped by that firebird to take another look @ it. several of the parts that I placed inside the car were now broken, some on the ground, heater box kicked in, the roadmaster wagon next to it had its windows bashed it.

mountie

I sold my '88 C2500 to a happy guy in Germany
Reaction score
My '88 GMC 2500 just turned 387,000 and still going great! ( needs paint, as most would).... I like your idea of parting out these trucks, since us owners have to shop that way, but it is part of the fun owning these trucks.

I am looking for a 4-set of OEM fender flares. In reasonable condition??

How can we see what you have in your yard??

GM Guy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
looks good!

I am just happy there are no diesels or manuals being parted. :)

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
I appreciate the positive comments guys!

Unfortunately, we don't have any interest in selling on the internet. It's too much of a pain to package and ship parts to folks. As we're so swamped with local sales, we simply don't have the time to do that.

Did some cleanup and organization of what we have. Here's a note, 97% of motors and transmissions (cores included) sell the second they're removed from the trucks. Also... we cannot keep a good 6 lug or 8 lug rear end on hand. As with the motors and transmissions, everything is sold before being removed from the trucks.

We've got it to an exact science now, truck pulls in to the shop and 4 hours later it's a bare cab and frame, everything is racked and listed locally.

You must be registered for see images attach

The rack is 10' deep by 16' long and 9' tall.

We're also VERY picky in the quality of parts, any defects... such as dents, rust, heavy scratches, heavy paint issues (interior and exterior wise), cuts, burns and tears... We add to the scrap pile.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
I appreciate the positive comments guys!

Unfortunately, we don't have any interest in selling on the internet. It's too much of a pain to package and ship parts to folks. As we're so swamped with local sales, we simply don't have the time to do that.

Did some cleanup and organization of what we have. Here's a note, 97% of motors and transmissions (cores included) sell the second they're removed from the trucks. Also... we cannot keep a good 6 lug or 8 lug rear end on hand. As with the motors and transmissions, everything is sold before being removed from the trucks.

We've got it to an exact science now, truck pulls in to the shop and 4 hours later it's a bare cab and frame, everything is racked and listed locally.

The rack is 10' deep by 16' long and 9' tall.

We're also VERY picky in the quality of parts, any defects... such as dents, rust, heavy scratches, heavy paint issues (interior and exterior wise), cuts, burns and tears... We add to the scrap pile.

You run your operation EXACTLY how I want to,

How many trucks have you parted out so far? Anything interesting come through the shop?
Wish I could make it feasible to ship parts back north when I do this, tons of rust free sheet metal laying in junkyard all beat to hell.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
You run your operation EXACTLY how I want to,

How many trucks have you parted out so far? Anything interesting come through the shop?
Wish I could make it feasible to ship parts back north when I do this, tons of rust free sheet metal laying in junkyard all beat to hell.

We've stripped and parted quite a few trucks. The couple i've posted on the first page are just a few from the last month and a half or so I believe.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
1990 C1500 RCLB 5.7 / 700R4

Next lamb to the slaughter, 3rd and 4th gear says not today jack..

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
I really should stay on top of this post. Been busy lately...

Hauled the 90 home from the shop to park it in the garage at home.

We did buy a V8 swapped S-10, decided to keep it to swap a 5.3 into. Paid $200 for the truck.

Here's a 92 we snagged for $275 to strip.

Here's a $400 2 door Yukon, we flipped it. (This is shortly before I traded my HD in, since it was a steaming pile of **** at 19,000 miles.)

I'll try to and keep this thread updated going forward.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Here's the 77 C20 I picked up for $400 to use as a **** truck, in order to keep from tearing up any of my 400's beds or the new Ram. It's a 56,000 original mile farm truck. (Not the intact bedsides, rockers and cab corners) Put a new master cylinder, front calipers, pads and brake hoses on it. Registered it and it's now a driver.

1998 C2500 with a flatbed we picked up to part out for $400.

A 66 F150 I picked up for a buddy, kinda like a flu went around among myself and some other friends, one bought an old truck, then another and another and another.