Old man stepside to bad@$$ lifted monster - 95 K1500 ECSS Z71 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kink3

Reaction score
Nice build man! Do you happen to have fender measurments?
Thanks! It's just shy of 44" in the rear and right at 43" in front. I thought the front needed to come up a little bit, must have settled some since the lift.

Love the truck, I also loved the steps, those were unique, plus they're for short people like me lol, what's your future plans? And you should post done interior pics

Live action!!
Something about those steps just screams old man to me, lol. I need the clearance more than steps. I'm prolly gonna get the windows tinted 15 or 20% in the rear and 50% in front. I've thought about getting tows, they just seem too gaudy to me, I'm on the fence. Not really sure what else I might do with the truck. I have been keeping an eye out for a clean gray cloth bench for front and rear. Here's the interior. Gray is the best interior color for these trucks IMO! I have the amp set up under the seat, I still need to hide the wires.
You must be registered for see images attach

Absolutely awesome build man! I wish I had had more time in High School to get some work done on my truck like you did haha.

How is it to run the 35s? Are you getting clearance for the A-arms when you turn? I've held off getting bigger tires than my 258s (which I think are 33s?) just because I get some serious rub on my passenger A-arm when turning left.

Haha, a lot of weekends were spent on this truck! The wheels have such a heavy offset that it clears the control arms with no problem, but the fenders are a different story. I had to chop off the bumper valence, but never bothered with the fenders. Lol, the tire smacked into the passenger side pretty good one night when I had some girls in the truck and took it off the side of the highway into a big a** ditch. People say you can fit 35s with a 3in body, full crank and blocks in the rear on stock wheels. My buddy has the same problem with his 33s rubbing on the control arms. You could get wheel spacers, but again that might put the tire into your fender.

Here's a good view of the backspacing.

kink3

Reaction score
Got some Amazon goodies! I love this stuff! SO much better than armorall!

And just in case!

I'd leave this in all the time if I wasn't afraid someone would get the 5 finger discount on it.

New head unit!

Hadn't really expected the dash bezel to get in the way. :/

Sneak peek of what is to come! This'll prolly be a while though.

HankHill_K2500

Sweet sweet propane
Reaction score
Haha, a lot of weekends were spent on this truck! The wheels have such a heavy offset that it clears the control arms with no problem, but the fenders are a different story. I had to chop off the bumper valence, but never bothered with the fenders. Lol, the tire smacked into the passenger side pretty good one night when I had some girls in the truck and took it off the side of the highway into a big a** ditch. People say you can fit 35s with a 3in body, full crank and blocks in the rear on stock wheels. My buddy has the same problem with his 33s rubbing on the control arms. You could get wheel spacers, but again that might put the tire into your fender.

Yeah, I bet! I didn't have a shop or driveway ever to really work on it so that kinda hindered my plans, amongst other things. Well thats good that they clear the arms, that helps to know now I can stop worrying about it haha. Having to cut the bumper and fender really sucks though, I dont wanna cut up my truck but maybe I'll just have to say screw it, or put on a mild body lift. I'm always so torn on doing mods to my truck because it still doesn't feel like its MY truck even though I've had it for close to 3 years...

Gotta love them extended cabs for loading them up with ladies, eh? Hahaha