Oil filter study write up suggestions/ideas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
glad to hear that it'll be interesting to other people besides me, it'll probably be another week or 2 (maybe a little more, kinda depends on a few things) before I can get EVERYTHING done and ready to post, I may get bored at work and make a website for the study on my personal domain, but other than that, this is the only site that I'll be putting it on. a GMT400 exclusive.

I also may be able to get access to a better scope that will be able to go up to 400x optically, and ~2000x digitally, so we can REALLY see the differences in the fibers and build. probably be better pictures too.

Last edited:

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
either way, i am hooked and look forward to this study. can't wait for the results. also i would like to say thank you because i know this entire thing is coming out of your pocket and your time.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks guys, we'll get it going soon, I'll post updates on whats going on in here, but I'm going to hang on to the results until I can post them all at once and together to keep the data neat and tidy.

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
i think this study should be sticky. a non-biased third party test, these are the kind of things people want to see and hate digging for

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well, it looks like I won't be able to get the higher powered microscope I wanted for the study, but I still have my 150x scope, so I'll still do that, and I'll be able to do some HDR and stacking for better image clarity on them so we can see whats going on a bit better.

still waiting on 2 of the filters I ordered to show up, but other than that and getting my workbench set up, its pretty much ready to start.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
this is gunna be fun to see, still cant believe you bought 31 oil filters, just wanted to say thanks for sharing this with us.